Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 2465 times)

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
Diablo 3
« on: April 22, 2012, 03:58:24 AM »
So who has pre-ordered this one? An oldie but goodie from Blizzard. I did and am going to see if I can get into the beta which I believe is happening this weekend. GW2 I heard was next weekend for another beta.

Mike

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:18 AM »
Yup. Pre-ordered, along with seven other close friends.  Too bad multiplayer is only four players.  ;D
We've all been looking forward to playing it for too many years. Heh... Hopefully it doesn't suck.  ;)
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca

Antdude

• Punch and Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
Pre-ordered and looking forward to it. Just finished playing in the open beta and had a blast. I got to try out all five classes and love three of them.

The only problem with Diablo in general, is when you look up at the clock and mutter, "Uh-oh."
I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
I've avoided it so far. Diablo II was some of the best video gaming time I've ever had, so I'm sure I'll give in eventually.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:40:30 AM »
Was a bit ticked as I was unable to get into Diablo 3 this past weekend....but not too surprising.

Altus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:57 AM »
I dislike betas anyway. It's better to wait until release, rather then getting a taste and left to be wanting more.
www.altusmusic.ca

Antdude

• Punch and Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »

So, yeah, in case anyone hadn't noticed, tomorrow's the big day.

Back in a week or three.  :)

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 03:01:14 AM »
Picking my copy up today after work. Looking forward to seeing it all in its glory.

Altus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 07:55:48 AM »
Played it for around four hours this morning (where did the time go?)
Yeah.  It's fun!  ;D
www.altusmusic.ca

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »
A bit underwhelmed that they are using the same basic interface for movement (no free-form camera like other games). Vomiting zombies lol, fat ones drop worms or whatever when they die so gotta keep distance.

I am playing a wizard atm to see how well she does. Died in dungeon due to 3 fat ones + zombies + bats on my ass....it's ok but a) don't like that it has to be online to play single player (i.e. internet connection) but understand why (to a point) and b) disappointed they kept the same style interface, i.e. didn't make it more modern with free-form camera movement to see around yourself, unless I am missing something. Same as D/D2 and after 12 years you would think they'd update the interface at the very least....but it is dark, brooding and still like the music.

Played for about an hour so far.

Antdude

• Punch and Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
I am playing a wizard atm to see how well she does. Died in dungeon due to 3 fat ones + zombies + bats on my ass....it's ok but a) don't like that it has to be online to play single player (i.e. internet connection) but understand why (to a point) and b) disappointed they kept the same style interface, i.e. didn't make it more modern with free-form camera movement to see around yourself, unless I am missing something. Same as D/D2 and after 12 years you would think they'd update the interface at the very least....but it is dark, brooding and still like the music.

I found during the open beta that the Wizard is a bit weak in the early levels(as is the Demon Hunter) and you have to be a little careful with her in crowds. But around lvl 10, she really starts to shine as she gets some neat escape abilities and is much more able to handle the hairier situations. As you unlock runes and more skills, you start to see just how much depth there is to the game. There is a definite progression this time around with regard to unlocking abilities, and deciding which ones to use and when, but really, that's a hallmark of all good RPGs.

The atmosphere is really nice, especially as you get further in. Keep going, it's worth it.

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:06 AM »
Well the Monk class is interesting with his aoe skill(s) and getting the npc char in the skeleton king dungeon was good to have because he is tough (for the lvl you are at). Skill switching is something I haven't really done much of because I don't know if it is hotkey-able or not (switch on the fly vs bringing up menu and selecting in middle of battle seems to be a bit dangerous depending the scenario). I guess I'll need to go read up some more on this since the manual is a joke in that respect.

Altus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 04:14:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to hot-switch skills in the middle of battle.  :o
www.altusmusic.ca

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
Why not in middle of battle? You have different mobs showing up that you want to use other skill combos for vs current mobs? But I have to look into the skills and associated sub-skill/rune stuff I guess to get a better grip on doing more damage while taking less damage on my monk. Still can get quite busy lol. haven't played since early last week, maybe tuesday I go back into it.