Author Topic: Male menopause  (Read 2843 times)

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: Male menopause
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Now that's my idea of rehab. :)
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

cromag

• Just slightly off-topic
    • View Profile
Re: Male menopause
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »
I'm coming up on the big 6-0 pretty soon, and just got around to getting my "50 year old" physical.  A lot of it was predictable based on my history.  The doctor started off by telling me I'm overweight (I knew that).

The doctor then started to point out the link between obesity and high blood pressure, but then stopped himself -- my blood pressure is actually very good.  (It's the music, doc.)

Next was the link between obesity and cholesterol.  Again, he stopped himself, noting that my cholesterol is actually very good.

The only real news was that my thyroid is a bit underactive.  I've been on synthroid for 3 weeks -- hard to tell if it's making any difference, since I'm just getting over a pretty serious bacterial infection.  The antibiotics dragged me out almost as much as the bacteria.

My main source of exercise for the past ten years has been hiking with Shadow, my German Shepherd.  He passed away last December, and I'm afraid I've gotten out of the habit.  I know I have to start getting myself out again.

As far as a loss of libido goes ... yeah, my wife wishes;)
Science News, Vol. 175, No. 9, April 25, 2009, page 1 -- "New mapping of the human genome shows none of us are normal."