Author Topic: New track: Castleview - Shine  (Read 184 times)

Castleview

• View Profile
New track: Castleview - Shine
« on: July 02, 2016, 01:50:20 PM »
https://castleview.bandcamp.com/track/shine

Hey guys. I just released a new track that's going to be on a future album of mine. Stylistically, I'm aiming for a noisy but ethereal drone/ambient sound that I explored back when I first starting posting here, except that I've improved a lot since then.

Anyways, feel free to give me any feedback.

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: New track: Castleview - Shine
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
One suggestion.  I would try to move the echoing pulse drone a little further back in the mix and maybe bring that slower moving "melody" towards the front of the mix a little more.  It might add a more contrast between the back and front of your mix.  Maybe a bit more chorusing to bring warm mids in or maybe a delay pan to break the sound field up a bit.

Forrest

Castleview

• View Profile
Re: New track: Castleview - Shine
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:52:20 PM »
Thanks! That's an interesting suggestion. I'm going to play around with it more before I finish the album and mess around with different mixes. I feel like I'm on to something but I just need to refine the compositions a little further.

The last couple of times I've tried making an album like this, I ended up failing to produce something noteworth and instead, went on to something else. This has been going a lot better so far.