Author Topic: Two ambient guitar recording of me  (Read 441 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Two ambient guitar recording of me
« on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
I have recorded this two guitar ambient recordings with my GNG guitar and Eventide H8000fw and an Antelope Eclipse clock.
There is no overdubs or anything all is in real time the only source here is guitar, the synth pad effect is the pitch shifting of the Eventide.

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/13kuntkkg4/ambient_guitar.mp3

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/5eyarokj1g/the_last_human_on_earth.mp3

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: Two ambient guitar recording of me
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »
I liked 'ambient_guitar' - the playing and the FX. It was nicely ethereal / melancholic. I have to say though I wouldn't have said the FX were remarkable, I'm sure Valhalla's Ubermod could create some similiar textures.

I was less keen on the pitch shifted sound of 'the_last_human_on_earth', as it's a sound that we hear a fair bit in the world of ambient.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:41:06 AM »
The texture of the ambient guitar piece is interesting, but harmonically it is a bit minor-key static and would sound better if it modulated somewhere to a different key or scale.

The Last Human on Earth has some interesting effects and timbres, but is far too static for me.  I would modulate out of the repeating 4-bar minor chord figure after about the first two minutes.  The transition at the 8 minute mark is abrupt and sounds like crude edit into another piece.

Forrest

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »
I liked 'ambient_guitar' - the playing and the FX. It was nicely ethereal / melancholic. I have to say though I wouldn't have said the FX were remarkable, I'm sure Valhalla's Ubermod could create some similiar textures.

I was less keen on the pitch shifted sound of 'the_last_human_on_earth', as it's a sound that we hear a fair bit in the world of ambient.

Hello thanks for feedback, regarding the first ambient guitar, I can agree that the sound is nothing particular mostly because the reason I used a lot of wet signal so you do not hear the transparency, but it has a good mood.  For this song and lack of transparency ubermod could create something similar.

The pitchshifted effect is in real time, I only have two hands, so when I play guitar it does really help to have a synth like sound to play with when I improvise, with some after processing I am sure I could make it sound more "finished" and and more "diverse" , so it is a good "skeleton" work with

the second song is actually not pure ambient it is the skeltons for a project of mine which will include drums and bass instrumentation too, but because of the big amount of mesmeizing reverb it is still very much in ambient territory

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 05:24:57 PM »
The texture of the ambient guitar piece is interesting, but harmonically it is a bit minor-key static and would sound better if it modulated somewhere to a different key or scale.

The Last Human on Earth has some interesting effects and timbres, but is far too static for me.  I would modulate out of the repeating 4-bar minor chord figure after about the first two minutes.  The transition at the 8 minute mark is abrupt and sounds like crude edit into another piece.

Forrest

Thanks, I am glad you find parts of interesting.
2 minutes well my music is not that radio friendly, it is meant mostly to take my introspective mind on trips   when I lay in bed ultimately, in that state of mind 2 minutes fly away fast.

The transpiration at 8 minute is just another piece y, this just idea for my upcoming album I want to try different ideas and see what gets stuck with me more long term.

Just so you know it is not complete tracks it is just improvisations by me, trying out ideas for my future music, I am trying to find some kind of introspective essence and experimenting to try to make something unique too me, and something that fills a void and purpose for my existence personally.

music will be a mix between ambient and post rock and psychedelic doom , it will consist of mostly clean guitar with a lot effects , but it will burst in to harder territory if needed too, I am not scared of going into metal territory  but the biggest part of it will be most laid back.
Mostly slow and mid tempo drums, it all will sound mostly very laid back, very slow and big sounding drums. I am primary a guitarist I find it very hard to make all instruments my own, especially programming drums but I will be forced to take up at that again.. if I am going to do any concrete songs.

Anyways for listening thanks for feedback