MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Now Playing

Too much music?

<< < (7/7)

drone on:
Last night I sold about 150 cd's at Amoeba Music in SF.  I got rid of a lot of rock/pop from the 80's, and also a lot of ambient.  It's amazing how much ambient electronic stuff I have/had that was just gathering dust on my shelves, that is "ok" but not great or inspiring like the classics.  Artists who I had an abundance of titles from I sold off most and kept the 2 or 3 very best.  Trying to streamline my collection into only the very best.  The only label I will not sell anything of is Fax.   

chris23:

--- Quote from: drone on on January 21, 2014, 04:35:39 PM ---Last night I sold about 150 cd's at Amoeba Music in SF.  I got rid of a lot of rock/pop from the 80's, and also a lot of ambient.  It's amazing how much ambient electronic stuff I have/had that was just gathering dust on my shelves, that is "ok" but not great or inspiring like the classics.  Artists who I had an abundance of titles from I sold off most and kept the 2 or 3 very best.  Trying to streamline my collection into only the very best.  The only label I will not sell anything of is Fax.   

--- End quote ---

Was it hard to part with so many CDs? Or did it feel liberating?

thirdsystem:
I really should slow down on the music purchases. Storage has been becoming an issue for all my Cds, vinyl and cassettes  :o. I still have all my stuff from my teenage years onwards. Can't bring myself to get rid of all the old rock, metal and more mainstream stuff even.

I once sold my entire vinyl collection when CDs came out  :'( Spent the last 15/20 years trying to buy it all back. All for the sake of buying about 5 new CDs at the time. Deeply regretted that massive mistake.

Downloads, especially itunes and bandcamp, have been a great thing for me. Perhaps too convenient. However as stated I really have to slow down on this. I have too much, no doubt about it. However I also feel it is very important to support artists and labels, especially in the ambient and electronic field, and thus it is a difficult task.

drone on:
Yeah hard to part with but liberating too as now I don't have a mountain of stuff I'd probably hardly listen to.  I need tostop buying so much too and be more selective. 

Castleview:
I also feel like I have too much music and I've slowed down quite a bit on acquiring new music over the last year. I've deleted some stuff not too long that I don't listen to at all.

I won't stop buying altogether though but I'm definitely feeling more conscious about purchasing music than I used to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version