Author Topic: My review of "Resonance Level" CD+3"CDr by ISH  (Read 643 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Resonance Level" CD+3"CDr by ISH
« on: July 05, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »

ISH "Resonance Level" CD+3"CDr

Here comes another highly pleasurable moment for myself as a reviewer, who is going to focus on Slovak project venturing into ambient domains. ISH is a project of Igor Šenigla, the guy who is also the sole protagonist of another project connected to Aliens Production, Ambiguous. "Resonance Level" is a brand new album, released at the end of June by Aliens Production. ISH ignites the journey with serenely gliding washes of "Near To Lights", a very tranquil entryway into dreamlike expanses. Imposing introduction of ISH's soundworlds!!! Celestial atmo zones overlap to "Inti Raymi", but soon they are harmoniously bridged with crystalline swirls and flickeringly pulsing midtempo IDM essences. Various voice samples and celestial chorals at the end enrich the composition. This freshly inviting electronica is as much colorful and mesmerizing as this religious ceremony. Superb track!!! "Kaleidoscope" dives immediately into rawer electro territories, spiced by high-tech sonic outbursts and twinkles and nicely surrounded by hauntingly floating washes hovering above. Aggroscape at its most intense and adventurous!!! "Diaglyph" moves into more minimal and slower, factory-infused and gently expanding soundscapes, reaching the more dramatic conclusion. It announces "Meadow Flower", another rougher track with high-tech beats and various alien sound effects, which cascades through various levels and ever-changing passages. Another richly sculpted and entertaining journey, a wild flower!!! "Scars To Earth" returns with spacey drifts into more relieving, sky high realms, towards the end becoming again more tense. "Manacles" mark return to cyber-tech groove adventure while the next one, "So Can She" floates on dreamy cloudscapes, here and there enriched by fragile tinkles and effects. Distant and subtle, mysterious voices carry "Green Therapy" into tech groovy-addicted zones, blending masterfully cybernetic heartbeating pulses with sublimely drifting soundscapes. Certainly one of the highlights and a pure sonic therapy for my ears!!! "Our Time" keeps on atmospheric route with few otherworldly fragments thrown in along the way. Piano-like infusions and ghostly voice samples bring this piece into soothing, but mysterious finale. The title track, "Resonance Level", is the most energetic, nearly EBM-contaminated piece, towards the end slowly fading away into tranquil spheres. Majestically floating and expanding atmospherics and some gently polished downtempos of "Dreamless" provide a truly magnificent outro. Absolutely graceful soundsculpting!!!

The first 50 copies of "Resonance Level" CD comes with bonus mini CDr single entitled "Conspiracy Level" and featuring three additional tracks, two remixed and one unreleased. "Manacles", remixed by German LPF 12, fuses dreamy, but more intense and massive soundscape with ocassional, sharper pulses and various glitchy and harsh industrial disruptions. Follows "Kaleidoscope", this time remixed by Structural Fault from Argentina. It's gradually evolving and shifting through various phases into fastly pulsing and absorbing, powerful IDM electronica. "Breathing World" is the exclusive track here, a warmly inviting, long, dreamy washes entering into immense spaces, attractively fragranced by futuristic effects and skillfully changing like chameleon and cascading into mid paced kinetic electro grooves and back. Perfectly interplaying deeply immersing dreamwalk with dynamic, organic electronica. Luminously expansive grand finale, at its most mesmerizing!!! A hidden pearl here!!!

Yes, of course there are some pieces or parts that are too upbeat-infused to my rather tranquil ambient taste, but the overall result is more than surprising and satisfying. Well done, Igor!!! I definitely will keep an ear to the Slovak ambient terrains...

Richard Gürtler (Jul 05, 2012, Bratislava, Slovakia)