MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Other Ambient (and related) Music

Darkened Soul

(1/5) > >>

darkenedsoul:
Well here we are again with a new forum! Yay.....!  Anyways, started working on some new Darkened Soul material and a Mired In Twilight material. I have a short intro track for that project and a 7+min track for DS. I am going to probably start working to get a full length for both projects so I can have some new releases in the near future (next year most likely by the time I get both of them done).

I have artwork being printed up at a local Kinko's so I can list the split between Darkened Soul and Fearsore for purchase off my website. I'm also getting inserts done for both of my first two releases so they'll look more professional (hopefully!) and just make them up on an as-needed basis. The DS releases are listed off my Store page from my website and hopefully it's working as I expect it to.

I figured it'd be easier to have one thread for both my projects and not cluster up the forum ;-)

Mike

darkenedsoul:
My first release is available for download at last.fm as well as here http://www.earthmantra.com/ and of course off my website under downloads section (have to register..sorry!).

Mike

MarkJohnson:
Hi Mike,

I just downloaded 'Dreamscapes' - thanks for making your music available for free download. I admit, I'm not generally a fan of dark ambient, but your music avoids whatever it is that I don't like about it. Maybe 'Dreamscapes' will help me define what I don't like about the subgenre by showing me what's good about it. I'm only a few tracks in right now, but I like it.

darkenedsoul:

--- Quote from: MarkJohnson on December 22, 2007, 03:53:45 PM ---Hi Mike,

I just downloaded 'Dreamscapes' - thanks for making your music available for free download. I admit, I'm not generally a fan of dark ambient, but your music avoids whatever it is that I don't like about it. Maybe 'Dreamscapes' will help me define what I don't like about the subgenre by showing me what's good about it. I'm only a few tracks in right now, but I like it.

--- End quote ---

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. Seasons of Dark and Light is probably similar to Dreamscapes with respect to not REALLY dark, it has some nice light moments on it.   I haven't gone as dark as I want to with DS yet along the lines of Desiderii Marghinis, Yen Pox, and the like. I love the dark ambient stuff I've heard/came across. Some of these guys are really talented with regards to getting the atmosphere/aura/thoughts across on it.  I also really like the first Sephiroth release, Catherdon, it's fantastic. Another good really dark one is Jonathan (forget last name atm) Hollow Earth - Dog Days of the Holocaust and his new project Angel of Decay. Also New Risen Throne (CMI) is really cool stuff.

But I'm also a fan of martial stuff like Coph Nia, Triarii, Scontrum releases, War Office Propaganda stuff and the like.  My new project is moving more in that vein but not specifically the german style commentary stuff in a lot of it (arditi, etc...).

Mike

jim brenholts:
i am listening to mike's sorta collab with fearsore - absence of absolutes and it is a great cd! it has all of mike's signature dark drones and deep atmospheres. i am not familiar with wiley wells but would like to find more of his stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version