Author Topic: Darkened Soul  (Read 9325 times)

Stellardrone

• View Profile
    • Stellardrone's official website
Re: Darkened Soul
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
bandcamp is great, but the 200 download credit limit sucks a little bit. But I like it anyway, very minimalistic, no ads, just music and peace.

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
    • Official Darkened Soul Website
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
Yeah, I am on reverbnation now too but only a few tracks, one from all my releases and a split I did w/Fearsore awhile ago that noone wanted to pick up since they didn't know Fearsore (Wiley Wells from These Are They and virginian doom band I am forgetting the name of, the one that Shroud of Bereavement (when I was in the band) did a split with.

Anyways, I got my website back to working as it should using just the URL now and tightened up things via the .htaccess file and added logo my buddy did for my reverbnation page (looks nice, I just increased the size to fit what default splash image was). So now I am happy that it's back and working as it should after being in a screwed up state for many months and my lack of working to fix it lol. Now that I also have my Komplete 7 update I am starting to get motivations to start doing some more music. I want to re-resurrect Mired In Twilight as well but my buddy has been so busy we both haven't done anything music-wise in a long long time.

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »
Short update. I recently uploaded my split with Fearsore to my bandcamp page at http://darkenedsoul.bandcamp.com in case you want to hear the tracks I did with Wiley back in '06-'07 when we finalized them and artwork. $1/track or $8 for full download in case anyone likes it. He also does bass for These Are They old-school death metal (he played keys in Withersoul out of Virginia previously which is how we met since Shroud of Bereavement did a split with them).

Enjoy!

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »
I am still alive and around. I am just trying to get off my ass to work on some new stuff for DS and MIT....but...I am getting motivated to start working on new material...with a friend for MIT stuff. DS is still my baby..and have to get going on it as well seeing it's been over 5 yrs since anything has come out of it....

Mike

darkenedsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
Still kicking....getting motivated to start working on something for Darkened Soul. MIT seems to still be stuck/stagnated at the moment but I do want to get that sob off the ground for at least one release. I am trying to get motivated being out of work (hey! that should give me tons of time but it doesn't as work search is more important atm). I need to sit down and pick a day or two during the week to get back into this again but it is hard...the motivation part that is. Ideas always float around in my brain, i just need to translate that crap into disturbing/depressive music hehe.

Anyways, I am looking into Absynth 5 tutorials as that thing really IS a beast...I want to look into more sound design stuff vs using loops and mangling them and building a track from that (hey it worked for me in the past so...). Wish I was a drummer (for MIT project)...hehe. But I want to try and get something together for Dark Duck Records DDP stuff as it's been too long that I haven't contributed to it. So a few things on my mind and may even sit down and say fuck the job search for a friday and see what percolates to the surface of my brain, not to mention looking into M4L stuff in Live 9 that I need to delve into as well. I have Studio One V2.5 and it's a nice piece of software, just not sure if I'll use it (WAY better multi-track MIDI editing for one over Live BUT Live has Session View for triggering clips for ideas and such). Anyways, enough of that (BitWig looks to be a big contender against Live once it's out soon....former Live devs doing it and it looks pretty impressive sans a Beta/Demo to play with atm). I can't justify a jump to that as it is anyways....but will check out the demo to see if it meets all the hoopla about it lately.

Mike