Author Topic: New project  (Read 575 times)

JeromeDisney

• View Profile
    • auralscapes
New project
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »
Hi there

New to the forum. I am busy working on a project which is really a collection of tracks from three separate projects all in the works. While I enjoy ambient electronic music I feel that on it's own it can become repetitive pretty quickly, so I like to interperse that with more 'traditional' music and some ethnic instrumentation as well. If anyone would like to sample the material please go to http://www.auralscapes.com. Let me know your thoughts - good or bad.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:16:04 AM by JeromeDisney »
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it - Mahatma Gandhi

Jeff Sampson

• View Profile
    • ethereal atmospherica
Re: New project
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
Well, it's interesting music...but I've never understood why a sound artist would make a mix of tracks, call it something general ("Fragments" in your case) and not give any indication as to which song is being heard when. How that invites customer interest escapes me.

Also, perhaps I misunderstand your statement about mp3 quality and "official" download sites, but as your tracks at CD Baby are only available as mp3...

Not trying to pick on you or single you out, as these are "issues" I've come across other wheres.
"ethereal atmospherica"
http://www.jeffsampsonmusic.com

JeromeDisney

• View Profile
    • auralscapes
Re: New project
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
Hi Jeff

Fragments is really only a working title at this stage. The tracks are a selection from 3 separate projects I am working on so they are in essence 'pieces' of other works. In time I will have all the tracks listed. I am going through the final mix of this project at the moment and what you hear on the site is just a rough copy of the mix. The MP3's on CDBaby were purely an experiment to see if there was any interest and I am happy to say that I have sold a number of tracks when in fact I was not really expecting to sell any at all. It all takes time and the day job keeps me pretty busy. It will however all get sorted out. Maybe I should just have waited till the whole thing was finished but I was curious as to what people's reaction would be to the material. It's just a hobby, nothing more.
But thanks for taking the time to have a listen anyway. Not many do, so it's always appreciated when someone does make a comment. It helps to steer the ship.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:23:21 PM by JeromeDisney »
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it - Mahatma Gandhi