Author Topic: New cd from Jeff Pearce  (Read 987 times)

jeff pearce

• View Profile
New cd from Jeff Pearce
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »
Just a note to announce the release of my new cd "In the Season of Fading Light".  For every sale of this album- whether as a cd or a digital album- I'll be donating $1 to Feeding America.  You can purchase the cd at CD Baby But for the next two weeks, if you purchase the cd from my seller account on Amazon.com, the total price of the cd- including shipping- will be the price of a digital download album- $9.98.  (I'm selling the cd for $7.00- seller id jj767-, but amazon adds a mandatory $2.98 for shipping).  You can listen to sound samples HERE, and purchase the cd HERE.

The reason I'm doing this is that I REALLY want anyone interested in the music to have the physical copy, if possible.  Our man Mike Griffin did a great job with the graphic design, and that's something that gets lost in the land of downloads.

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
Re: New cd from Jeff Pearce
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:04 AM »
Ah finally a new Jeff Pearce CD. I immediately placed my order on Amazon. Looking forward to the release

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
Just ordered too!!! :)

Richard

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:18:59 PM »
Me, too!  :D
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
Is this a compilation of the singles, or entirely new music?

jeff pearce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 05:03:16 AM »
mr. Drone on,

The cd is the collection of singles, with one new track.  Four of the singles, however, were re-recorded for the sake of making them fit better sonically with the other pieces.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Nice to hear about your latest.  Just picked up one, too.  Thanks for accommodating us old school CD lovers.

Forrest

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »
I'm on my third playing of this album and, no surprise, I love it. On the more active tracks, I can hear that Jeff has been getting some lessons from Philip Aaberg. The more "ambient-ish" pieces, whether solo piano or piano accented by guitar, may bring to mind minimalists such as Jeff's pal Tim Story, as well as Kevin Keller (to a lesser degree). The GORGEOUS cover art perfectly captures the autumnal mood of the music, which is occasionally less somber than Rainshadow Sky but never what I would call "cheery" although some tracks, such as "Into Spring" have a decidedly optimistic warmth to them (in fact, "Into Spring" somewhat reminds me of some of the mellower tracks from Jim Chappel's Acadia or Living the Northern Summer).

Jeff Pearce does it again, IMO. Unless you loathe piano music, I'd highly recommend getting this CD. But understand, this isn't Eno-like, i.e. this is not Neroli style minimalism. It's generally much more "tuneful" than that. Which, IMO, is a compliment.

Here's the beautiful cover:

May the odds be ever in your favor.