Author Topic: what Tv series should I see ?  (Read 2580 times)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: what Tv series should I see ?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 04:29:33 AM »
my girlfriend did recommend me American horror storry, among other series, but all was 2013 so no blurays..

American horror story seem to remind me a little bit of "grimm" though, and I could nost just stand that crap...
Well produced though but too silly for me.. with all those half-zombie half human creatures too much fantasy.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
I have now seen two first seasons of american horror story..it was really good..
Started to watch beauty and the beast... third season of falling skies really good..and second season of continuum really good that also..
I have now started to watch the 4400 I like it so far.. reminds me a little bit of the series "invasion" which I also like.

After I watched the 4400 I plan to watch FlashForward ..

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 11:59:53 AM »
You could also try Millenium, much darker than the X-files without the eye candy, humour and story resolution in each episode - so very different....

Firefly is a more fun series.

I've never seen Lexx, but various people have described it as weird....

Antdude

• I was told there would be no math
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 12:11:10 AM »
I just finished watching all of "Downton Abbey"(in a week) and enjoyed that a lot. I'm debating which show to start watching. The current choices are:

1. Fringe
2. Breaking Bad
3. Vikings

Bonus: Space Above and Beyond

Opinions?

P.S. Andy, I really should see "Millenium" again. I was still in the Navy and missed the whole last season, so I have no clue how it ended. Was it worth it?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:16:06 AM by Antdude »
There is no spoon. Which sucks because I have a pudding cup.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 02:51:24 AM »
I just finished watching all of "Downton Abbey"(in a week) and enjoyed that a lot. I'm debating which show to start watching. The current choices are:

1. Fringe
2. Breaking Bad
3. Vikings

Opinions?

I really envy you... Both Fringe and breaking bad is totally masterpiece and very addictive I can promise you that...
Especially breaking bad... the trailer did not look that interesting I did not have high hopes for it.. but I was so wrong.

P.S. Andy, I really should see "Millenium" again. I was still in the Navy and missed the whole last season, so I have no clue how it ended. Was it worth it?

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »

1. Fringe
2. Breaking Bad
3. Vikings

Opinions?

Hmm, I thought series one was the best, series 3 = got too conspiracy led if I recall correctly...

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
Millennium didn't really have a conclusive conclusion  ;)  and there really should have been another season to take it to the millennium.

A kind of postscript episode in the X-Files happened at the end of 1999.

I've happened on episodes of Lexx in the past and was never very impressed.

Fringe is quite brilliant with a definite X-Files vibe and wonderful main characters.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:23:34 AM by Scott M2 »

jkn

• Global Moderator
  • cake or death? cake please.
    • View Profile
    • Relaxed Machinery
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
I'm enjoying Leverage...  not earth shattering - but Ocean's 11 meets Alias on a neatly wrapped up every episode scale. 
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

lansuminc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
Right now enjoying watching Oz and orange is the new black one is based on life of women in prison and other on men.