Author Topic: Two big discoveries this weekend: The Raveonettes and First Aid Kit  (Read 657 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Raveonettes: duo from Denmark who produce gorgeous ambient rock, sounding at turns like Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, MBV, with lots of 60's rock influences, but still having their own unique sound.   They just played in SF and I wish I'd known about these guys.  Their new album "Observator" is excellent.

First Aid Kit: 2 sisters from Sweden, ages 19 and 21, who make folky Americana/country/rock.  Their latest album, "The Lion's Roar" is a little masterpiece of strong songwriting, singing (these girls can SING! Check out their harmonizing!!), and pure emotion.  If you like Emmylou Harris you will like this group (and they are big fans of her). 

Any fans or either/both??

hdibrell

• View Profile
Re: Two big discoveries this weekend: The Raveonettes and First Aid Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
I've been hearing the Raveonettes on Tom Petty's Buried Treasure program on XM Radio recently and really liked their music. I've been meaning to find out more about them. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't heard of First Aid Kit. Will check them out also.
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Dave Michuda

• View Profile
    • Low Light Mixes
Re: Two big discoveries this weekend: The Raveonettes and First Aid Kit
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:58 PM »
Thumbs up on First Aid Kit.  They do a cover of Patti Smith's "Dancing Barefoot" which is pretty darn good.