Author Topic: Wind and Wire is back  (Read 855 times)

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
Wind and Wire is back
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »
I just wanted to announce here that I have finally re-launched Wind and Wire...as a blogspot hosted blog, here:
http://windandwire.blogspot.com/

I intend to feature the entire gamut of reviews I used to feature at the previous webzine format, including getting back in the swing of ambient and EM. I only have 3 reviews so far, as I only re-launched a few weeks ago and I am still gearing up, but at least it is there  :D
Again, the site will have music reviews from genres that I doubt any of you will find interesting, but that was the original vision of the magazine and I want to stay true to that.

I have a very large backlog of ambient CDs to review. Also, Spotted Peccary, Lotuspike and Projekt have been very gracious in sending me new discs all this time (I have sometimes reviewed them for my magazine gig, Retailing Insight). So, I have current copies of the new ones by Michael Allison (Darshan Ambient), Zero Ohms and Craig Padilla, Erik Wollo, and others, plus a LOT  of stuff from as far back as 2008 that I never got around to reviewing as I took a break from the genre to concentrate on reviewing other genres for both my paying gig at R.I. (then known as New Age Retailer) and the website Zone Music Reporter, where I will also still be submitting reviews.

When I review CDs that I think may be of interest to forum readers, I will post the reviews here in this section (look for my review posting still later tonight of Jeff Pearce's In the Season of Fading Light).
May the odds be ever in your favor.

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Re: Wind and Wire is back
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
yay  :)

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:24:18 AM »
Great news, Bill !

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
Yep, good to hear !
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Altus

• View Profile
    • Altus - aural journeys for the mind's eye
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:04:32 AM »
I had your blog in my news reader all this time, and was surprised to suddenly see new updates. Good to see you back at it!  :D
Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
www.altusmusic.ca