Author Topic: Eno interview  (Read 722 times)

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Eno interview
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »
Eno interview in the Indy (including some shocking typos !):

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/brian-eno-its-simply-not-my-temperament-to-look-back-8294822.html

Not a wildly exciting interview, but good to see he's still at it. I'm interested to hear this 'Lux' album.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:22:28 AM by petekelly »

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
Re: Eno interview
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
I wish somebody would take the cover art process out of his hands. Milk Sea was promising on that front but, really, after the brilliantly bang-on work on the ambient series, there's no excuse for his recent visual work on CD covers. And I guess the Indie laid off some proof readers as you noted! Also, when the English end a proclamation with "Don't they?" or "Aren't they?" then surely a good journalist should take that as a challenge to counter and make things interesting. That said, looking forward to hearing it.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:28:29 AM »
I agree, those Warp covers are pretty ghastly, but that's their aesthetic isn't it ? :)

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Well, considering the covers of Kite Stories etc., I'm pretty sure Eno had his hand on the tiller for this one! Just got the pre-order download and have to say it's really nice. I liked his last collab too, Drums Between the Bells.