Author Topic: RIP Pete Namlook  (Read 5021 times)

DeepR

• View Profile
Re: RIP Pete Namlook
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 06:36:22 AM »
Definitely check out Psychonavigation 2 as well. It's my favorite from the series.
And let's not forget the Dark Side of the Moog series!

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
I'm a huge fan of the "Labyrinth" series he did with Lorenzo Montana.  Five releases, all fantastic.

The Labyrinth series really is something special. Every album is wonderful.

Potentially the best series on FAX ? A few contenders for that though  8)

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:49 PM »
It has arrived  8)

Die Welt ist Klang - 8 CD wooden box set of FAX artists and fan contributions in tribute to the great Pete Namlook.

Possibly the best quality packaging and collection of music I have purchased in  my life. You can smell the quality of the wooden box  :)

Played the first two CDs of FAX artists, stunning. Such a fitting tribute to one of my favourite musicians of all time.

Pete would have been proud and moved by this fantastic tribute to his music and legacy.

Cosmic Fabric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »
WOW, sad to hear, and so young....he is what I will be in < 2 wks for age....I better eat my veggies! j/k. Sad news indeed and I am sure he will be missed. My condolences to his family.

He ate his veggies. Actually he planted them! Pete had a farm and studio in the country. He had a really cool lifestyle...

PETE NAMLOOK (Slices Feature)

thirdsystem

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 04:31:56 AM »
Pete was an extremely keen gardener. When ordering CDs from FAX we used to have a fair few conversations about our gardens and plants. He was really in touch with the environment, weather , gardening and especially vegetables !!

One of the last CDs I ordered he also sent me some of his favourite tomato seeds ( an old East German variety ). I planted them up in my greenhouse and thereafter ate them  :) DELICIOUS.

Really miss my CD orders going into FAX and communicating with Mr Namlook  :(