Author Topic: My review of "Quiet Rain" CD by Juta Takahashi  (Read 696 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Quiet Rain" CD by Juta Takahashi
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »

Juta Takahashi "Quiet Rain" CD

"Quiet Rain" was originally released as CDr version back in 2009 as 6th album by Japanese ambient composer Juta Takahashi, now it returns freshly remastered and released at the beginning of October 2012 as pressed CD on his own Lunisolar Records. I must say I wasn't familiar with the original album, so it was a very nice surprise when "Quiet Rain" has reached my ears. By utilizing analog synthesizers, with Mellotron and acoustic piano, Juta Takahashi has again shaped his album with 4 longer compositions, each clocking just over 15 minutes. "Dawn" unveils with peacefully meandering washes evoking the recall of long-forgotten memories. It's richly emotional and intimate piece with rather amorphous movements. The next composition, "Monochrome Sorrow", drifts within its tranquil realms, but this time having stronger aerial feel, again gliding quite monotonous with interferences of high-pitched intensity. However, these interactions sound hauntingly harmonious and create strong trancelike atmosphere. With title composition "Quiet Rain" Juta Takahashi masterfully immerses each listener deeply into utterly sublime soundscapes sculpted with heavenly choir-like drones, gorgeously fragile piano and soothing rainy sounds. Just imagine sitting under a shelter in a remote forested area and enjoying a quiet misty summer night with pleasantly refreshing natural rhythms of a quiet rain. A haven for everyone tired of the hectic pace of city life. Outdoor gathering at its most captivating, Juta's soundsculpting has never sounded more relaxing and tranquil, bravo maestro!!! It immediately became one of my most fave pieces by Juta Takahashi. The closing track, "The Azure Dragon", moves from state of calm and relaxation into more massive dronewalls, flavored with various sonic dissonances and soaring smoothly through elevated passages, from static and contemplative to more glimmering and intense. "Quiet Rain" is another richly crafted sonic statement by Juta Takahashi, as usual, magnificently balanced and both, powerfully absorbing and profoundly rewarding!!! "Quiet Rain" enters deep into the hope, the sorrow and the pleasure. It gets my highest recommendation for fans of sublime and comforting soundscapes.

Richard Gürtler (Nov 29, 2012, Bratislava, Slovakia)

Juta Takahashi

• View Profile
    • Juta Takahashi | Official Website
Re: My review of "Quiet Rain" CD by Juta Takahashi
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Many thanks for reviewing, Richard!
I truly appreciate it.

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
I just got this yesterday. Excellent release!
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Juta Takahashi

• View Profile
    • Juta Takahashi | Official Website
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:19 AM »
Thank you so much for your support, Harry.
I'm very happy to know you like it.