Author Topic: Slow Shipping to the UK  (Read 1183 times)

| broken harbour |

• View Profile
    • official website
Slow Shipping to the UK
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Am I the only that seems to have problems shipping to the UK?  I've been getting a few complaints / heads up emails about CD's taking up to 6 weeks to arrive in the UK.  Many haven't arrived at all and I have to re-ship the order.  I used to have orders arrive in the UK with a week or two, but lately it's been really bad.  I've probably replaced 6-7 orders for customers already, wondering if it's just me....

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: Slow Shipping to the UK
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
Don't know if it's related to your shipping issue, but it looks like there are some postal worker disputes there:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Postal-workers-strike-second-time/story-17556269-detail/story.html

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
I have noticed packages from the UK taking about 2 weeks to the US, where before I'd get them in a week, often less.  6 weeks is crazy!

Anodize DB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »
Oy, shipping to the UK (for that matter, pretty much anywhere outside the continental US): can't speak for objects dispatched from here to there, but the reverse delays seem to hold true, at least for my own anticipated deliveries. Nearly everything I ever order internationally (be it from France, the UK, Germany, Sweden, etc.) comes within an arrival window of (on average) 2-4 weeks, and, in some cases, even longer. Figure in the holiday season now upon us & delays lengthen further. I generally try to avoid placing int'l orders in December, but, well, when the bug bites...

However, as noted above, the situation certainly isn't helped by the UK's semi-regular postal workers' issues.
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net

jdh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 09:46:51 PM »
I got a cd I bought off Ebay shipped from the UK to Canada regular royal post last month in 5 days. I could not believe it,faster than shipping within my own country.Going the other way,never done it but not uncommon to see a few weeks.

phobos

• No choice is a choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »
There is definately a problem sending from the UK at the moment.The post office quotes
4-5 working days for Airmail shipping to the USA and Canada, but recently they have been taking 2 weeks or longer to get to their destinations. Surface mail I think, can take 4-6 weeks, not sure though as I never use surface mail.
It is always a problem when a package never arrives, I suppose the only way round it would be to use registered mail, but the high cost of that service, sometimes can be 1.5 to 2 times more than the actual album you're buying, is usually not viable.
Incidently, has anybody ever have a package returned by the mail, because it wasn't delivered?
I have had one returned, the others seem to vanish without a trace, despite putting a return address label on the back of the package, although thankfully there hasn't been that many that didn't arrive.
http://soundcloud.com/phobos-2
http://phobos.bandcamp.com/
http://phobos-ambient.moonfruit.com/
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."Leopold Stokowski

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
On the rare occasions I've had packages go missing that I've sent, I never got them back.  But I think there was a simple explanation: there was a scammer on eBay (the guy was in Italy) who repeatedly made Paypal claims against me for "non-receipt."  He even changed his user name on eBay and I realized (too late) it was the same guy.  I lost quite a bit of money on all that (Paypal seized my funds so I never got paid from the guy plus all the shipping expenses).  I don't even ship to Italy unless it's by registered mail.  It costs $18 to ship one CD to Europe registered mail ($12 flat fee for the "registered" part, plus the actual cost to ship with postage and packing).