Author Topic: Behringer Motör keyboards  (Read 582 times)

hpsounds

• ice, desert, glaciers, ...
    • View Profile
    • hielo patagonia sounds
Behringer Motör keyboards
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »
Behringer has displayed their new MIDI keyboards with extended control surface capabilities at NAMM 2014 : aftertouch, 9 touch-sensitive motorized faders, 8 encoders with light, 8 velocity and pressure pads. 61 keys and 49 keys will be offered.

I was looking for a keyboard controller with such feature set for sooooo long time !  :) I think these types of controllers can be useful for both studio and stage uses. They will not be very cheap, so we may expect a better quality than what Behringer gear is/was known for.

NAMM 2014: Behringer Motor, X18 and X-n Touch Series

- 61 or 49 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring expressive velocity and after-touch functionality;
- 9 motorized 60 mm touch-sensitive faders to control your DAW mixer, drawbar organ, soft synths or effect units;
- 8 backlit drum pads with velocity and pressure-sensitivity for ultimate drum and sample-loop performance;
- Standard MIDI and Mackie Control modes for ultimate flexibility with your DAW software;
- Hardware-based arpeggiator allows creation of complex patterns regardless of software limitations;
- Ultra-precise, illuminated endless rotary encoders with LED rings provide a clear overview of all software parameters;
- Backlit transport section for direct access to your DAW record/play engine;
- Quick individual bank select for faders, encoders and pads;
- Large backlit LCD screen for optimal overview, easy editing and quick status check;
- Built-in presets – no complex mapping required; additional free user presets for your favorite software/hardware assignments;
- Flexible communication via USB or MIDI In/Out/Thru – including merge functionality;
- Plug and play with Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher operating systems;
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/MOTOR-61.aspx

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Re: Behringer Motör keyboards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
The price for the 49 key version will be 249 dollars and the 61 key version is 299 dollars.
If the feel of the keys are good, this will be an instant buy, I was very happy when I saw this...
Both M audio and Novation need to wake up now and start release something new to compete with this.

Both the price and functionality is very good... it all depends on how it does feel to play with now..
If it has similar playing feel to my Novation Mk II it is an instant buy.