Behringer has displayed their new MIDI keyboards with extended control surface capabilities at NAMM 2014
: aftertouch, 9 touch-sensitive motorized faders, 8 encoders with light, 8 velocity and pressure pads. 61 keys and 49 keys will be offered.
I was looking for a keyboard controller with such feature set for sooooo long time !
I think these types of controllers can be useful for both studio and stage uses. They will not be very cheap, so we may expect a better quality than what Behringer gear is/was known for.
- 61 or 49 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring expressive velocity and after-touch functionality;
- 9 motorized 60 mm touch-sensitive faders to control your DAW mixer, drawbar organ, soft synths or effect units;
- 8 backlit drum pads with velocity and pressure-sensitivity for ultimate drum and sample-loop performance;
- Standard MIDI and Mackie Control modes for ultimate flexibility with your DAW software;
- Hardware-based arpeggiator allows creation of complex patterns regardless of software limitations;
- Ultra-precise, illuminated endless rotary encoders with LED rings provide a clear overview of all software parameters;
- Backlit transport section for direct access to your DAW record/play engine;
- Quick individual bank select for faders, encoders and pads;
- Large backlit LCD screen for optimal overview, easy editing and quick status check;
- Built-in presets – no complex mapping required; additional free user presets for your favorite software/hardware assignments;
- Flexible communication via USB or MIDI In/Out/Thru – including merge functionality;
- Plug and play with Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher operating systems;
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable.http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/MOTOR-61.aspx