Author Topic: Taylor Deupree "Faint" Box Set  (Read 1071 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Taylor Deupree "Faint" Box Set
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Anyone have this? Is it worth the extra $16 for the extra CD included in this and art prints, compared to the regular single disc version?  Thanks in advance for any comments.  :)

darren bergstein

• View Profile
Re: Taylor Deupree "Faint" Box Set
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
I have both editions, and from a purely artistic POV, I think the box is worth it. Taylor's design sense has always been highly developed & critical to both his own music & his 12k presentations, and he's outdone himself with this particular edition. It also doesn't hurt that "Faint" is the best thing he's done in years (and the extra included disc further augments the original's stark 'electronicana'). Hope that helps.
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Periphery & Anodize / tactile visual audio / www.otperiphery.com / www.anodizesound.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: eimag@verizon.net

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
i first bought the regular edition but after hearing the downloads on the net i found the extended 38-minute Thaw reprise that good, i had to order the complete edition/box ltd for a slightly lower price at n5mailorder.
if you ask me, i think the price is too steep for this box. i personally don't care much for the photo's that comes with it. and i think for this price they should include the full digipak (as the regular edition) inside the box.

speaking about the music, it might be Deupree's finest.. and of the best things i've heard last year.

btw. i just got the latest Between CD from 12k, and that's a rather fine disc as well!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:59:05 AM by jim02 »

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
Thanks for the comments!  But now I still can't decide which version to buy.  ;)

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:11:30 AM »
I have to agree with both Darren & jim02......music is as they both say!  The prints/photos that are included are also really beautiful to me.  So much so Im thinking of framing them as a group and putting them up.

Mark Mushet

• View Profile
    • Mark Mushet Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:20:42 AM »
I was never fully sold on his previous music but this is really excellent and the whole package is gorgeous. As much as I like the new Eno, this gives it a run and outclasses Lux on packaging by a long shot.