Author Topic: AMBIcon 2013 Update  (Read 8046 times)

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: AMBIcon 2013 Update
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Sounds nice.  Love that "big" sound.  Good luck with the rehearsals.

Forrest

jeff pearce

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Forrest- and everyone else!

Yes, the clip is definitely from the Texas sized portion of my set.  There will be plenty of Rhode Island size parts of the set, as well as some Iowa and Kansas sized parts.  Then there will be one Alaska sized section (WAY bigger than Texas.  In fact, if you want to endear yourself to someone who lives in Texas, just remind them that if Alaska were cut in half and made into two states, Texas would then be the THIRD biggest state in the union- you'll be loved for life!)

phobos

• No choice is a choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
for anyone who might wonder what my set is going to sound like, here's a three minute snippet of one of the rehearsals I've recorded

.... and, yes, I'm particularly proud that I learned how to embed the soundcloud player...  :)
Beautiful piece,  8)
http://soundcloud.com/phobos-2
http://phobos.bandcamp.com/
http://phobos-ambient.moonfruit.com/
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."Leopold Stokowski

Stephen Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
Michael A: Thanks for your positive comment. We'd love to do more AMBIcon events and provide a solid yearly platform for you and other serious Ambient artists out there. But we have to get through this one first without totally losing our shirts!  Please come and join us, even if it's just for one of the four concerts.   

> http://ambicon.hos.com
> http://heartsofspace.bpt.me

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2013, 05:36:22 AM »
for anyone who might wonder what my set is going to sound like, here's a three minute snippet of one of the rehearsals I've recorded

.... and, yes, I'm particularly proud that I learned how to embed the soundcloud player...  :)

Quite Beautiful it is Jeff........been playing "Bleed" these last few days, a special cd for me.  I hope these HOS concerts will be recorded!  :)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2013, 07:08:02 AM »

Quite Beautiful it is Jeff........been playing "Bleed" these last few days, a special cd for me.  I hope these HOS concerts will be recorded!  :)

Just the same with me, "Bleed" is one of my all time faves by Jeff!!! And yes, live recording from AMBIcon would be great, this would be my only chance to experience this great event.

Richard

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2013, 12:06:59 PM »
Nice work, Jeff. A live recording of AMBIcon? Now that would be nice.  8)
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

Stephen Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:52 PM »
WITH LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO before the event, we're busy tying down all the many details of the production, and focussing on selling the rest of the tickets.

SINGLE CONCERT SALES : Most of the people who will be attending the full conference have already registered and made their travel arrangements (they are coming from as far away as Australia!) so we are zeroing in on ticket sales for the 4 "double" concerts over the weekend. To that end, the word is going out on multiple performance mailing lists, print and online publications that cover Northern California.

To help this effort we've established NEW LOW COST TICKET TIERS FOR THE CONCERTS.

In addition to the $65 Premium Seating, we now have $35 General Admission for the first three concerts, and a $25 General Admission for the final one.

We've created new pages on our ticketing site for each of the 4 double concerts:

CONCERT 1óDEEP AMBIENT : JEFF PEARCE / ROBERT RICH
SATURDAY May 4th, 2PM   INFO and TICKETS: http://ambiconcert1.bpt.me

CONCERT 2óDEEP SPACE : TIM STORY / MICHAEL STEARNS
SATURDAY May 4th, 8PM   INFO and TICKETS: http://ambiconcert2.bpt.me

CONCERT 3óDEEP JOURNEY : STEPHAN MICUS / STEVE ROACH
SUNDAY, MAY 5th, 2PM  INFO and TICKETS: http://ambiconcert3.bpt.me

CONCERT 4óDEEP WORLD : HANS CHRISTIAN / STELLAMARA
SUNDAY MAY 5th, 8PM   INFO and TICKETS: http://ambiconcert4.bpt.me

I hope any of you who are within driving distance of San Rafael can make to what promises to be modestly historic event;-)

:: SH

dreamin4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
Will individual tickets be available day of show at the venue? As long as they haven't sold out?

Stephen Hill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »
Yes, tickets to the individual concerts will still be sold at the door.

richardgurtler

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
I am wishing to all performers and spectators a truly enjoyable and memorable event, have a great time!!! And don't forget to take a lot of audio and visual documents!!! I wish I could be in San Rafael this weekend...

Richard

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
Didn't see a post for this, but the AMBIcon concerts will be on Livestream this weekend:

AMBIcon2013 - live streaming video powered by Livestream

I'll plan to attend 3 of the 4 shows, assuming that my ears don't fall off.

Forrest

Poaalpina

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
And don't forget to take a lot of audio and visual documents!!!
At least free cameras are working, Richard.  :) My friend Anton (aka Closing The Eternity  ;) ) is sitting there right now. Jeff Pearce has finished his performance. The audience stood up with ovations. The sound and the playing were wonderful.

Robert Rich is on stage now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:11:57 PM by Poaalpina »
Ambient DNA

richardgurtler

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
Yes, Andrey, at least we can watch it this way, so far truly amazing performances!!! Anton/Closing The Eternity is a happy man!!! Keep on enjoying!!!  :)

Richard

Poaalpina

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Yes he is.  :) I envy him now  :'(  What a pity that Anton is not acting on this wonderful festival...  He is one of the most professional, cult and important russian ambient musician.
Ambient DNA

dreamin4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
 :) Good to be able to watch AMBIcon live via Livestream. At work. On OT. I was planning on flying up to SanFran to spend the weekend in the San Rafeal area and check out Robert Rich and Steve Roach's sets. But OT at LAX is hard to pass up. So now I get to watch live and work OT. Yes, its not the same as being there but. . . .hey. . . .what the hell. I was actually very impressed with Michael Stearns set last night. I stayed up past my bed time to finally see M Stearns perform live. This was his first time performing live in 10 years. Always loved his music. Can't wait to get home and set up my apple tv to watch the master himself. . . . .Steve Roach. With a couple of good IPA  beers to drink along side. If I couldn't be there live I rather be out in the Mojave Desert with my iPad and speakers camping. Or at home on the big screen. Cheers to HOS. Thanks Steven Hill.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »
Let's see the video!!!

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Well, the shows were terrific--had a great time.  Nice to finally meet Jeff and to see familiar friends.  Very nice vibe to the event overall, and the surround sound was excellent.  Hope we don't have to wait another 40 years for the next one!

Forrest

jeff pearce

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »
it was great meeting you, too, Forrest- and there certainly was a lot of music this past weekend!  Forrest is too kind to mention this, but he had the rare "honor" of sitting next to me during Stephan Micus' (incredible beyond words) set and, halfway through, watching me weep like a disgraced televangelist.  I've been an admirer of the guy's music for tens of years, and knew a little of what to expect, but he went WAY beyond that. 

Yeah, it would be nice if there was another one soon.  I'm trying to get my thoughts together about the weekend for a blog post, but all I can come up with at the moment is "whole lot of music, very little sleep".

Poaalpina

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 06:02:25 AM »
jeff pearce Your playing were fantastic! Thank you!

And do you remember a guy from Russia?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:03:58 AM by Poaalpina »
Ambient DNA