OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

U.S. Postal Service rate increase on foreign orders

(1/10) > >>

Numina:
Last week I read that the USPS is raising rates on foreign orders as much as 60% - in other words, 1 CD to Australia costs about $6 now, and could go up to about $10.00.  Can anyone confirm this yet? How are other artists dealing with this?  Will people in Europe, Australia, etc. reconsider buying a CD if we have to pass this cost on to them?  I mean, $10 Shipping for 1 CD is really high. This concerns me.  For the past few years I'd say 70% of all my CD sales are to Europe & Australia.   :(    >:( 

drone on:
Just remove the cd first, you'll save money!  ;D

Numina:
 ;D

Antdude:
Sadly, overseas rates across the board appear to be going up. An e-mail from Dave at Ear Rational this morning confirmed that international shipping rates were going up a lot. The first CD seems to be the worst, but above that, the rates were a bit better. Best advice seems to be, buy in bulk and get more for your dollar/pound/euro.

| broken harbour |:
This is a big issue here in canada, at least where I live.  I recently sent a single CD to russia and it something like $17.
I can't ask a fan to pay that much.
One more nail in the 'physical product coffin'?

Has anyone bought a CD from a Eurozone country in the last few years?  It's getting so bad that I'm considering just buying digital copies of music now to save myself sometimes $15-$25 per CD!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version