Author Topic: I Hate My Job  (Read 2525 times)

drone on

• View Profile
I Hate My Job
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
I hate my job.  8 hrs. every weekday having to share a small space with mostly people I don't like.  Can you please make me feel better by giving me examples of how much you hate your job, too?  PS: I don't want to hear "get another job," only whiners are complainers on this thread LOL  ;D

| broken harbour |

• View Profile
    • official website
Re: I Hate My Job
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »
I share my office with the most angry, bitter person on earth.  She literally takes everything as an insult.

I like my job, my coworkers? Not so much.

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
I have always felt that who you work with makes your job good or bad.

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
I have always felt that who you work with and how much money you make makes your job good or bad.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
  • Life is a memory, and then it is nothing.
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
These fellas are right right. I've been at my day job for a few months short of 20 years, and at various times I've had completely different feelings about it. The biggest factor is your co-workers, particularly your immediate superiors and those with whom you work in very close proximity.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

hdibrell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
These fellas are right right. I've been at my day job for a few months short of 20 years, and at various times I've had completely different feelings about it. The biggest factor is your co-workers, particularly your immediate superiors and those with whom you work in very close proximity.
I agree. I can put up with a lot of negatives at work as long as the people I work with are compatible. It does make a difference.
Never regret money spent on old books, old dogs or old friends.

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
I agree. I can put up with a lot of negatives at work as long as the people I work with are compatible. It does make a difference.

I would add to that the importance of being able to adapt to changes in the work environment, whether personnel or resource-related, or both.  If I can find a middle ground that makes the situation more tolerable, that can sometimes make a big difference.

Forrest

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
Another thing that helps is to bear in mind that it's a JOB. They pay you to go there and do work, because you wouldn't go there otherwise just for fun. I think letting go of the notion that employment should be "fulfilling" or fun makes it easier to deal with the bad times. You're doing something you don't want to do in order to get paid.

If the pay is no longer worth dealing with the negatives, then it's worth considering other employment, but I know too many people who despair whenever anything unpleasant arises at their job, and long for a different job. Every job has unpleasant people, difficult bosses or whatever.
[ Mike Griffin, Hypnos Recordings ] email mg (at) hypnos.com | http://hypnos.com | http://twitter.com/mgsoundvisions

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »
Like I said in my original post, I was only looking for whining and complaining to compare to my own job, instead of "parental advice.".   It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.  But thanks for the comments.  :)

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »
Broken Harbour--give your angry co-worker a Broken Harbour CD, maybe it will calm her down and make her happy.  8)

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
Like I said in my original post, I was only looking for whining and complaining to compare to my own job, instead of "parental advice.".   It wasn't meant to be taken too seriously.  But thanks for the comments.  :)

You're right - we all ignored your directions and just launched into advice mode. I'll stop now!

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:19:52 PM »
[whining mode on]

I don't have a job.
But I sure hate everyone else's job ! 
 >:( >:( >:( >:(
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

lena

• Hypnos Manager/Life Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • hypnos.com
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
The boss of this ambient record label I work for is an EVIL TYRANT!

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Antdude

• Punch and Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 01:20:07 PM »

Held down by The Man.
I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.

einstein36

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
when your job sucks the living creativity out of you due to educated idiots that you have to hold their hand on every little thing, including technology that by the time you get home, you feel like a damn zombie....
I mean...literally, they call you 1 minute before class or something, saying the computer is broken and you go take a look at it, and you politely tell them the power was turned off and you push the power button and like magic, bazinga....the computer works:)
Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

| broken harbour |

• View Profile
    • official website
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
Broken Harbour--give your angry co-worker a Broken Harbour CD, maybe it will calm her down and make her happy.  8)

I don't think anything could make this lady happy.
I don't want to use her real name, but let's say her name is.... uh... ' Bobbi Jo'.

Now if someone sends her an email, or writes her a note, if her name is spelled even slightly wrong, like 'Bobby Jo' or 'Bobbijoe'  she will literally start screaming... at me.  She has one of those names that can have 5 different spellings, on top of that, she's 60, so she's gotta be used to this by now...

People are weird.

mgriffin

• Hypnos Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.hypnos.com
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »

Lena is the owner of Hypnos so the evil tyrant she speaks of is HERSELF!

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
Any Dilbert fans?  Scott Adams is a genius!

Seren

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 01:40:51 AM »
Working in and with 'social' organisations (Social Serrvices and Hospital) that are supposed to care - but don't.

The effects of the government cuts making the above even stronger.

There are some great people I work with and come into contact with but the rush to meet targets just leaves the people we are supposed to be looking after out of the picture.

I find the 'difficult' patients ok - after all they are unwell, but some of the families I meet - sheeesh.

| broken harbour |

• View Profile
    • official website
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:56 AM »
Any Dilbert fans?  Scott Adams is a genius!

Right here, Dilbert taught me everything I need to know about office life.