MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Is Analog the future for hardware synths?

<< < (4/4)

Julio Di Benedetto:
Pete I do agree and it is what I was suggesting in my post that software is the one place that digital synthesis has really evolved.  Much more so than digital hardware. 

I was just thinking about how much I enjoy programming with wavetables......another milestone in digital synthesis and now combined with the new Prophet 12 as well as the DS Evolver.....hybrid synthesis, Analog & Digital 

hdibrell:
For those interested in the resurgence of modular synthesis, I Dream Of Wires- Hardcore addition is now available to order.  [url]http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/02/11/i-dream-of-wires-hardcore-edition//url] . I'm not sure what "hardcore addition" means , but the film looks interesting.

LNerell:

--- Quote from: hdibrell on February 15, 2013, 02:21:43 PM ---I'm not sure what "hardcore addition" means , but the film looks interesting.
--- End quote ---

I believe its a lot longer then the normal version will be. It says four hours long over 2 DVDs. Looks interesting but I have to admit that I am disappointed that no one from our little circle of music was interviewed for this documentary. And some people I suspect are only on the doc because they are popular. Like deadmau5, there is a really funny video of him floating around where he confuses a filter with a vco.  ;D

hdibrell:

--- Quote from: LNerell on February 15, 2013, 04:22:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: hdibrell on February 15, 2013, 02:21:43 PM ---I'm not sure what "hardcore addition" means , but the film looks interesting.
--- End quote ---

I believe its a lot longer then the normal version will be. It says four hours long over 2 DVDs. Looks interesting but I have to admit that I am disappointed that no one from our little circle of music was interviewed for this documentary. And some people I suspect are only on the doc because they are popular. Like deadmau5, there is a really funny video of him floating around where he confuses a filter with a vco.  ;D

--- End quote ---
I agree that I would have liked to see several others interviewed and I don't know who half the people mentioned are. It still looks interesting.  8)

hdibrell:
Actually, I was exaggerating when I said I knew who half of the people mentioned are. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version