Author Topic: Don't believe the hype  (Read 2582 times)

Infraction

• View Profile
Don't believe the hype
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »
This is a bit strange, but nice.  Last week we released MILIEU'S "Warm Wooden Hollow" CD on our label Infraction.  We did 320 copies, and this week it's nearly sold out.  I don't want to create any mass ambient hysteria (ah, the irony), but I'm literally down to a handful of copies.  If you're interested - please work on over to your shop page : www.infractionrecords.com/shop.html

I've talked to Mr. Milieu about doing a repress, and he's not interested, so this will be it.  These retailers will also have copies, most likely for some time after we are completely out :

U.S.

Ear-Rational Music
David at Playing by Ear
Forced Exposure
Soleilmoon Recordings

U.K.
Smallfish Records
Norman Records

Thank you,

Jason
infractionrecords.com

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
Re: Don't believe the hype
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »
Well done, Jason !
That must be some sort of record in our genre.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

jkn

• Global Moderator
  • cake or death? cake please.
    • View Profile
    • Relaxed Machinery
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:48:28 AM »
A single week sell out... with ambient music... there's a dichotomy in there somewhere...  :)

Very, very cool.   Congratulations to you and Mr. Milieu!
John Koch-Northrup .: jkn [AT] johei.com .: owner / artist .: http://relaxedmachinery.com .: http://twitter.com/jkn .: http://flickr.com/johei

ffcal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »
Yes, well done!  And thanks for the heads up, Jason.  Just put my order in.  His recent 'Coppice Halifax' release on EED was excellent, but is also already sold out.

Forrest

spunknik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »
Okay,I just ordered a copy too.I hope it's good.But of course if Forrest says it's good that is enough for me.

Infraction

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 01:16:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and also for the orders.   Yeah, the dichotomy was somehow sidestepped a bit with this one.

Brian (Milieu) likes to keep the editions short and sweet.  I think that he records so much music, that he wants the
releases such as this, or the Coppice Halifax, or any of the other blink-and-miss CDR's to be out and then gone - and then
onto the next project.   I respect that decision, but don't necessarily agree with it.

IMO I like the recordings to be available.  People arrive late to the ambient/Milieu/particular artist(s) 'game' for whatever reason, and for that reason should not be punished by missing out on a release.   For example, I love to recommend Keith Berry's releases - and up until a few weeks ago, when they became available digitally - I would always add the caveat "If you can find them".   

Jason
infractionrecords.com

Onnow : Celer - Salvaged Violets 2