Author Topic: SUNDAY EVENING SINEWAVES / New Radio Show Launch / Sunday March 10  (Read 1039 times)

Anodize DB

• View Profile

Hello to all:

Beginning March 10, I will be launching/hosting a radio program on Home Grown Radio New Jersey (HGRNJ), an internet/live streaming radio station headquartered in the picturesque downtown of Boonton, NJ.

Airing from 6-9 PM weekly out of HGRNJ’s studio, "Sunday Evening Sinewaves” focuses on electronic, experimental, avant-garde, and unclassifiable music of all stripes. Playlists will fluctuate with wild abandon and variety, crisscrossing categories and styles while ignoring boundaries, drawing on the colorful history, symbiotic technologies, and ongoing sub-genres that are integral to electronica and its soundmakers.

Though obviously in the developmental phase, “Sunday Morning Sinewaves” will encompass a wide range of presentations, special programming, in-studio live performances, and on-air interviews with artists, label-heads, and the many adjunct provocateurs operating throughout the field.

Founded in 2004, HGRNJ recalls nothing less than the halycon times of 1960s and 70s AM and early FM radio, when freeform programming was the order of the day and boldness ruled. Perhaps broadcasting’s richest era, those nascent years of “underground” radio begat a legion of crazy, passionate radio jocks, audiophiles, and obsessive LP trainspotters who provided exposure to thousands of musicians and artists across an ever-expanding array of genres. HGRNJ brings back the tenor of those times, infused with the same robust level of verve, audacity and enthusiasm as the turntable pioneers of decades past. I am fortunate to be involved with such an artistic and vital network as it expands its outreach across the worldwide stage.

SHOW ACCESS & INFORMATION

For streaming links, call-in phone numbers, and all requisite contact info and otherwise:

http://www.homegrownradionj.com

TO ARTISTS & LABELS / PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL: AN OPEN LETTER

I strongly encourage and hope you will submit your recent and upcoming releases for airplay. I will keep you updated with my weekly playlists so you can see that your recordings are in fact being given ample exposure and timely playback.

It is preferred that releases submitted are *complete* CDs, with all attendant artwork included (booklet, tray card, and/or digipak or similar/equivalent). Downloads, mp3 files, pre-release versions, white labels, or other editions are not suggested though will be considered if necessary. As a fellow recording artist and label owner, believe me I fully understand the realities of the current market and music-consuming climate, but as all of us are doing our best to maintain some level of efficacy and longevity in this field by issuing music in a true, artistic, tangible manner, I will not hasten the demise of the physical format regardless of trends or industry 'mandates'. And, where applicable, I will gladly discuss on-air the merits of your release(s) artwork and presentation as a furtherance of this policy. Might I revisit this issue in the future? Perhaps. But I'm steadfast in my belief that the physical format will out of necessity not only endure but remain a vital musical component for historical, archival, and practical reasons—those of you who continue to release your music in and embrace physical formats surely abide by and understand these principles.

Send material to:

DARREN BERGSTEIN
SUNDAY EVENING SINEWAVES
9 EDWARD PL
WOODCLIFF LAKE NJ 07677 USA

Feel free to send releases without jewel cases to minimize shipping costs (particularly for international shipping).

“Sunday Evening Sinewaves” will be proffering much in the way of sound and vision, and its base of listeners and supporters—mainly you—will be instrumental in helping it establish a firmament in internet radio’s vast landscape. Updates on the show’s features and evolving programming will be promoted via the lionshare of media and publicity avenues in addition to regular email dispatches as well.

Look for my station ID and timeslot to be formally appended on the HGRNJ site as the air date nears.

I hope you will all tune in on March 10 for the show's inaugural three hours.

Regards,
Darren Bergstein
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:06:48 PM by darren bergstein »
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net

drone on

• View Profile
Re: SUNDAY EVENING SINEWAVES / New Radio Show Launch / Sunday March 10
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
you just wanna get free cd's!!  ;D

Sounds like a cool program...

Anodize DB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »
Be sure to tune in to my show this evening, March 17, from 6-9 PM EST / US time, as I will be featuring a special on Germanic electronic music, it's beginnings, influences, and varied creators.

The special will air in the middle hour, from 7-8 PM - enjoy and thanx for listening.

> http://www.homegrownradionj.com/DJs/shows/Sinewaves.htm
DARREN BERGSTEIN
> Anodize / tactile visual audio /  www.anodizesound.com / www.otperiphery.com
> Groupthink / wayward electroacoustic murmurings / www.groupthinksounds.com
> e: anodizesound@verizon.net

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
Missed your inaugural show, but will tune in this evening.
Looks like they don't keep old shows as podcasts ?
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

Scott M2

• View Profile
    • dreamSTATE
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Man! Why not the Irish electronic music scene? That's one I sure could use some information about.   ;)     8)

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
:-)
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

hhh

• View Profile
    • hollanholmesmusic.com
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
Darren,
My latest is headed your way very soon. Thanks very much for the opportunity.

Cheers and hope all is well,

hhh
-------------------------------------
Hollan Holmes
http://hollanholmesmusic.com