Author Topic: My review of "Exiled Particles Volume I" CDr by Alpha Wave Movement  (Read 653 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop

Alpha Wave Movement "Exiled Particles Volume I" CDr

A bunch of well-treasured pieces from 1997-2005 archives were dusted off by Gregory Kyryluk, the sole sonic wizard of renowned Alpha Wave Movement, as "Exiled Particles Volume I", released at December 1st, 2012 through his own Harmonic Resonance Recordings. All those who are following this ultra gifted composer are familiar with impressive albums such as "The Edge Of Infinity", "A Distant Signal", "Concept Of Motion", "Cosmology" or "Drifted Into Deeper Lands", all released during this period of time, so it's time take another exciting journey provided by his Soundcave studio archives. "Stratospheric Reception" fires the show, firstly with sampled Russian femme voices, then AWM swiftly unfolds his highly melodious mastery with vibrantly pulsing electronics, occasionally discontinued by dreamier transitions. "Atum" bridges enchantingly inviting trancey and chillout melodies with various razor sharp effects and swirls, backed by slightly spacious and cinematic passages. "Pangea" spreads with slower drifts, but soon exotic mid-tempo stringed fragrances and gentle beats along with warmly floating expansions step in and capture beautifully nostalgic wide-screen size. Marvelously melodic and relieving composition displaying all AWM's trademarks!!! The next piece, "What Was Once Here", starts quietly, but soon it cascades into laid-back melody crossed with spatial embellishments. "Rhythm Cell" quickly moves into freshly rhythmic cyber-trance terrains, deeply mesmerizing with strongly visualizing vibe. Superb!!! And "Left Hemisphere Induction" keeps in this freshly moving path with repetitive ultra kinetic techno-like beats and earwarming ambient melodies. Female & male voice samples lead "Un Conte Court" and carry it into shimmeringly colorful and absorbing melodies with stunningly relaxing atmosphere evoking a truly laid-back summer panoramas somewhere on the coastline of the French Riviera. Magnifique!!! "Hue" is the final composition, with smoothly meandering aerial washes, enriched by distant fragile tinkles and hauntingly evocative warm melodies. A very nice, tranquil conclusion that nicely accompanies the previous track. Gorgeous collection!!! Without doubt, Gregory Kyryluk did a great move when he has decided to bring these long forgotten pearls to the light. This is another must have from Alpha Wave Movement's stellar discography!!! And don't go away, because another album, this time more meditative oriented was released few weeks ago by Alpha Wave Movement, entitled "Yasumu". And on the top of that, few days ago Darren Bergstein has announced the launch of Anodize label, a subdivision of his Periphery label. And the premiere release is Within Reason (aka Gregory Kyryluk) "Transient Broadcasts", as a glass mastered CD!!! So act now!!!

Richard Gürtler (Mar 05, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)