Author Topic: My review of "Boundless (Harmonics Trilogy ~ Volume 2)" CD by Andrew Forrest  (Read 402 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop

Andrew Forrest "Boundless (Harmonics Trilogy ~ Volume 2)" CD

I have discovered this enormously accomplished ambient sculptor only about one year ago through his outstanding "Resonance" CD, which was released as first volume of "Harmonics Trilogy" (released during November 2011). September 2012 marks the second chapter of this trilogy entitled "Boundless". Andrew Forrest comes from the UK, but lives longer time in New Zealand and "Boundless" is his 7th full length album. Yes, he is definitely one of those artists who glide around us, unfortunately, quite unnoticed and I must say it's a really big shame, because Andrew Forrest is a true virtuoso of gorgeously immersing and majestic space exploratories, masterfully shaped and polished and delivered as all-inclusive package, not only as a pure aural bliss, both musically and audibly, but also as a very intense visual experience. And to say it straightly, these are my feelings also about "Boundless". Just like the first volume, also "Boundless" features three longer sonic metamorphosis, each clocking between 20 and 25 minutes. "1st Movement" unfolds swiftly with flickering swirls and other assorted embellishments, all magnificently surrounded by immense aerial washes, fragilely meandering above velvety cloud sheets and soothingly tickled by the sun rays. All graciously expanding and floating through countless, beautifully sublime and expressive sonic cascades. Softer and melodious passages evoking vintage space drifters circumstance with more colossal and expansively sweeping and progressing epic soundfields, here and there lightened by the infinite celestial magic of angelic choirs and cinematic piano-infused subtleties. Always intensely enthralling, breathtaking and absorbing scenario, a truly grandiose and immaculate space symphony!!! This is Andrew Forrest at the top of his game!!! "2nd Movement" keeps its grace and majesty, with slightly more earthy touch at the beginning provided by some hauntingly captivating flute-like sounds. Soon monstrously transporting cyberscapes enter the stage along with lushly sparkling sequenced notes. But then again sheer angelic beauty with piano fragments and heartwarming expansions relieve this multi scented and brightly detailed odyssey filled with never-ending spacescapades. Another tour de force by Andrew Forrest!!! "3rd Movement" strikes with powerfully expanding and ebbing tension of thunderous and cinematic drones, steadily immersing and intervening with softly pulsing passages and calmly gliding and circling washes with ethereally tranquil transitions. Andrew Forrest conjures an awe-inspiring conclusion to this spectacular audio experience, "Boundless" is a real treat for all stargazers!!! So in case you haven't heard anything from Andrew Forrest's discography, I highly recommend to explore this gifted musician (and painter), show him your support, it surely will help to make this world more fair!!!

Richard Gürtler (Mar 16, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:06:33 AM by richardgurtler »