Author Topic: Simon Lomax (formerly Maitreya) - Zone of Cold  (Read 503 times)

Simon Lomax

• View Profile
    • Simon Lomax - ambient music
Simon Lomax (formerly Maitreya) - Zone of Cold
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and would love to point those who'd be interested in the direction of my first release in 8 years! This is the first release under my own name but you may be familiar with my previous work under the name Maitreya.

Zone of Cold

CD digipak www.simonlomax.com

Digital stuff http://open.spotify.com/album/4ZnSHB5S7pSPWfUOqzSvnV

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/zone-of-cold/id637482299

Release information

New shoots from old roots.

It's been 8 years since Simon's well received album .74 (point seven four) written under the pseudonym Maitreya. With this his first release under his own name Simon Lomax steps out from behind the name to reveal something a little deeper.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that with the change of name that perhaps there would also be a  change in sound but instead there is a deepening and layering capturing the very best of Simon's previous work underpinning the new growth.

Zone of Cold explores new atmospheres and structures which give the release a certain holographic ethereal quality all of it's own. You will hear the unmistakeable Maitreya of old but with the new qualities that takes you somewhere more.

From the gathering momentum of opener On the Horizon through to the vaporous Crystalline Air and the aching stillness of This Fragile Veil, Zone of Cold is a well worth a listen and well worth the wait.

What people are saying

“Wonderful ambient music" - Ólafur Arnalds

"...All in all, the 61-minute "Zone of Cold" is a well-accomplished ambient/space instalment entering a new dimension of surreal whiteness. It is best experienced and cherished with quality headphones." Bert Strolenberg - www.sonicimmersion.org

Track Listing

1 On the Horizon
2 Still Light
3 Alone on the Plateaux
4 Warmed by the Emerging Light
5 Hidden Within
5 Crystalline Air
7 The Calm Before
8 With Dark Intent
9 In the Shadow of Winter
10 This Fragile Veil

Total time: 60:50

Excerpts

I hope that you enjoy the new music, it's a pleasure to share the sounds that have been my private world for so long.

Simon

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Re: Simon Lomax (formerly Maitreya) - Zone of Cold
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
Very exciting! .74  and Telluric Waves are excellent recordings and I've been craving something new from Lomax. ;-)

Simon Lomax

• View Profile
    • Simon Lomax - ambient music
Re: Simon Lomax (formerly Maitreya) - Zone of Cold
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Chris23. Hope you enjoy the new one :-)