Author Topic: My review of "Yasumu" CDr by Alpha Wave Movement  (Read 389 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Yasumu" CDr by Alpha Wave Movement
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »

Alpha Wave Movement "Yasumu" CDr

Gregory Kyryluk, the mastermind behind Alpha Wave Movement and Within Reason projects, returns again to prove his enormous composing talent, but this time he leaves shimmering Berlin school vintage, desert ambient infused terrains or hypnotic cyber escapades and ventures into soothingly contemplative atmospheric splendors. Released at the beginning of February, 2013 on his own Harmonic Resonance Recordings. Moving back to 2012, the previous year has brought to us two absolute masterworks by this synth wizard, "Subtle Shift", a cyber-tech groovy milestone by Within Reason and "Eolian Reflections", a primal desertscaping jewel by Alpha Wave Movement. So as usual, my expectations are again very high... Healing sound of tibetan bowls announce "Pentatonic Peace" merged with bell resonations, fragile tinkles and heartwarming washes. Later oriental strings scent this utterly tranquil journey, along with sparse primeval fragments, and it gently shifts and expands into captivatingly inviting and immense sonic magnitudes. This is a truly beautiful intro, precisely setting the atmosphere. Gregory Kyryluk arrives again in top-grade form!!! Relaxing nature sounds open "Awaken" together with peacefully circling and drifting loops and paint a deeply reflective essence. With over 13 minutes the longest composition. Heavenly tinkles harmoniously interweave with spaciously angelic soundscapes and distant soft beats. Ethereal auralscape at its most serene and gorgeous, enveloping the listener in a hauntingly delicate atmosphere of recovering long buried memories!!! Certainly, this is another magnum opus by Alpha Wave Movement!!! And by the way, it slightly evokes everlastingly splendid nostalgia of "The River Of Appearance" groundbreaker... "Tranquility Temple" is the next piece, which sounds exactly as it is titled. Keeping its exotic touch from the opening track, it calmly meanders through intensely evocative and peaceful panoramas, exquisitely augmented by warmly glimmering images and embracing sadness of bowed strings. The closing composition, "Hindutonic Waves", unfolds with monotonous drifts, subtle tinkles and mesmerizing distant ingredients. Velvety tribal drumming joins the scene too in ear-catching synergy with tranquilly intangible atmospheric currents. Balmily soothing inner realms are unlocked!!! "Yasumu" is a masterfully crafted collection of deep sonic meditations with magnificently absorbing aural harmony, lucidity and stillness!!! Another stellar recording by Gregory Kyryluk and your everyday's panacea!!!

Richard Gürtler (May 12, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)