Author Topic: Sean Washburn - Wave mantra  (Read 1610 times)

nuun

• View Profile
Sean Washburn - Wave mantra
« on: May 20, 2013, 06:11:49 AM »
Hi all,
I'm looking for Sean Washburn - Wave mantra release.
Any idea of a place to purchase it ?

Thank you for your help !

Best regards,

phobos

• No choice is a choice
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Washburn - Wave mantra
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 06:36:20 AM »
http://soundcloud.com/phobos-2
http://phobos.bandcamp.com/
http://phobos-ambient.moonfruit.com/
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."Leopold Stokowski

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »
Great !
Thanx Phobos.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »
This is a nice sounding album!  Takes me back to the days of Tuu or Ma Ja Le.  The same kind of sacred yet dark feel, without being derivative at all. 

DDconsulting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
I am a personal friend of Sean. He is living in Argentina right now. He worked in a Studio I use to own in Salt Lake City, UT. I can't guess why he hasn't responded to posts. I will be contacting him soon and will mention this.

betawave31

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 04:13:42 AM »
Hey DDConsulting!

Ask Sean why doesnt re-release Wave Mantra on cd or even cdr. Us old timers......want physical cds!

wavemantra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
Hello All;

Sean Washburn here. Sorry to drop out of the scene and disappear. I am almost back in it again.

Wave Mantra will be remastered this winter by Robert Rich. It will be re-released as a 16 bit CD, a 24 bit DVD and as a 16 or 24 bit download. I have lots of material to work with now and I have come a long way with my acoustic instruments. I have some new tricks to unveil as well.
Almost ready...

I would be happy to provide a CD-R burn of Wave Mantra to anyone who wants it (Hypnos members only, thx.). PM me.
Do not pay $362.39 at Amazon! Can you believe that? I wonder if Original Master Recordings of The White Album go for that much?

EDIT: I see there is no PM option on the forums. Contact me through bandcamp for a CD-R.
EDIT AGAIN: I see there IS a PM option on the forums... I was a bit encapsulated and missed the obvious... PM me for CDRs or via bandcamp.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:57:59 PM by wavemantra »

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
Cool.  Looking forward to your future music Sean.  Wave Mantra is a gem... glad the forum members here pointed the way.

Numina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
Indeed a great album. I picked my copy up a few years ago at Rhino in Pamoma (L.A.) fantastic work Mr. Washburn.

wavemantra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
Thanks for your kind words. Rhino, that's Chuck Oken Jr's place isnt it? I have been there a few times. Across the street there was a folk music store. Some of the Noah bells on my CD were purchased there, as well as my first ney. Now that I think of it, that ney was used on 'Low Barometer'. It is a non traditional 'large bore' ney and it has a very airy 1st register. It took me 3 months just to get a peep out of it!

When I heard the track 'Dissolve' by Robert Rich, I said "I dont know what that instrument is, but I am going to find one and play it". That was before I had a computer or internet. So I went searching and asking, folk music store after store. Many folks told me it would take years to become proficient or to even get a note out of it. I said "I have plenty of time and I have a knack for busting through learning curves". Anyway, I finally found my first ney. Could not get any sound out of until I saw a photo of Nick Parkin (Tuu) playing one. It was then that I realized the embouchure was very different from transverse flutes. 3 months later, I got my first note...

Wow, did I digress....

Anyway, thanks Robert, for delivering all the gems of inspiration. I miss LA...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:38:19 PM by wavemantra »

Numina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »
Sean -Thanks for sharing the story about those instruments you discovered. And yes, Rhino is Chuck's store. I haven't had a chance to meet him in spite of going to both Rhino and Analogue Haven (as it was called at the time). I have to admit it was a nice surprise to see my album "Shift to the Ghost" displayed at AH and a Numina section at Rhino! I found a bunch of Ian Boddy and Alio Die discs too, IIRC.

I enjoy LA myself. Where are you living now?

Jesse

nuun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »
Hi Sean,

"Wave Mantra will be remastered this winter by Robert Rich. It will be re-released as a 16 bit CD, a 24 bit DVD and as a 16 or 24 bit download. I have lots of material to work with now and I have come a long way with my acoustic instruments. I have some new tricks to unveil as well.
Almost ready..."

Thank you very much for your reply.
I couldn't expect better news than these  ;D
Do you know when it ought to be released ?

I wish you a very nice day.

David