Author Topic: My review of "Prayers For The Earth" CDr by Amir Baghiri  (Read 1293 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Prayers For The Earth" CDr by Amir Baghiri
« on: June 02, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »

Amir Baghiri "Prayers For The Earth" CDr

The glowing discography of Amir Baghiri, in Lemgo, Germany based, but native of Iran, sonic designer and painter, gets here its newest jewel. This time released (March 2013) on German Attenuation Circuit label as limited edition of 120 copies packaged in attractive folded cardboard sleeve with gorgeous digital mandala image by no one else but Kati Astraeir.

The first of six prayers, dedicated to Mother Earth, entitled "An Earth Mantra", is shorter intro swiftly emerging into more expansive terrains with beautifully craving, intense drifts. The next piece, charmingly titled "For The Love Of The Earth", is the longest one, when clocking over 13-minute mark. It enters straight away into magnificently sublime dreamscaping realms. Tranquilly expanding and ebbing into extra massive panoramas, always glaring and sweeping with utterly graceful immensity and contemplation. This is a pure atmospheric bliss, bravissimo, Maestro!!! "Through The Memories Of This Place" is almost as lengthy as its predecessor and also as much enchantingly sonorous and absorbing. Slightly more darker, gently enriched here and there by distant sonic invasions and escalations. All the natural magic of nocturnal desert soundscaping is masterfully captured, ambient maximus guaranteed!!! "Nameless Sky", as indicated by its title, guides us through uncharted, vast open domains with colossally drifting, circling and cascading synth textures, harmoniously flowing through light and dark colors, through great emptiness of delightful nothingness. "A Sacred Place" remains in these deeply imaginative and spacious terrains, but it smoothly shifts into dreamtime era, where cloud banks of drones, both sublime and dramatic, are bridged with sparse, placid tribal undercurrents and tranquil environments. Thrilling dose of expansive soundscapes is delivered here by rooting both future and past, and revealing the most essential and fascinating horizons. "Somewhere In Nowhere", the closing prayer, spreads with rising and falling washes and heavenly choirs, sublimely embracing the listener. The texture gradually evolves into monstrously intense drone zones, hauntingly meandering and mesmerizingly spiraling, before peacefully calming and fading away. Amir Baghiri explores through "Prayers For The Earth" rather familiar terrains, but his virtuosity of drifting towards the deepest end of atmospheric brilliancy is just amazing. Experience it, feel the serenity, spirit and grandness of planet Earth, it's time to take a deeply spellbinding journey without leaving your listening room!!!

On the top of that, Amir is quite busy with dusting off his rare recordings, a 5 CD "Private Archive" collection, packaged in special wooden case is planned. Plus "Light Textures" album is scheduled for the summer release on Databloem's sister label Bluebox, the usual output for Amir Baghiri's soundworlds since 2005. As always, I will keep my ear to the ground...

Richard Gürtler (Jun 01, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)