Author Topic: Geosonics ?  (Read 649 times)

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Geosonics ?
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
Geosonics

I think Soniccouture make some very interesting stuff, but this library in particular may be of interest to people hereabouts. I'm not sure what to make of this, initially seems an idea that may be more interesting in it's concept than the sounds produced - but I could be completely wrong ! Am interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Here's their Info:
Geosonics is a collaboration between legendary field recordist Chris Watson and Soniccouture.
Hundreds of hours of recording time, in some of the worlds most extreme and inhospitable environments, combine to form a library of rare sonic artefacts that cannot be found anywhere else.
Using this unique collection as a starting point, we created a wealth of sound design material ; waves and sampled textures which, when layered and combined with Watson's original recordings create the most fluid, organic soundscapes ever heard

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/28-rare-and-experimental/g44-geosonics/

Soniccouture Geosonics ft. Chris Watson Preview

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Re: Geosonics ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
Way cool

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »
Not one to use field recordings but this is different.....seems they have made it very friendly and the examples sound really good mixed with the synth, but then maybe too easy.  Thanks for posting it Pete!

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:37:40 PM »
Yes Julio, my feeling is that by making it 'easy' in the very imaginative and accessible way they've put the whole instrument / library together, perhaps it may actually take away some of the creative spark.
I think the term 'sound-design' is somewhat loaded with exclusivity and expensive gear.
I do 'sound-design' on pretty much everything I do (as do a lot of ambient artists) and it's probably the most interesting element of the whole process, in my view.