MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Music Gearheads Tech Talk

Advice on Microphones to record Himalayan Singing Bowls

<< < (2/4) > >>

Seren:
It is iportant to remember that the better the microphone the ore it picks up - both sounds you want to hear and any others.

I have a pair of sennheiser condensers and AKG diaphrams - The AKG make better quality recordings but I am limited to times when there is no traffic passing by.....

Julio Di Benedetto:
Good point Seren......I am sure it will be an issue I will face.  My studio is acoustically treated but this is for mixing purposes, theres no iso booth.

I once asked Taylor Deupree about his acoustical recording method in his studio and ambient noise issues and he had no concern about addition sound being recorded along with the source.....in fact he seemed to almost welcome it as a creative opportunity.

I imagine that getting a "good" recording will be more of a challenge than microphone selection.   

Seren:
I don't mind ambient noise in general - however I live on a main and busy road and somehow woosh, wooosh, woooosh of traffic does not fit in with gently meditative bowl sounds....

El culto:

--- Quote from: Seren on June 07, 2013, 01:00:47 PM ---I don't mind ambient noise in general - however I live on a main and busy road and somehow woosh, wooosh, woooosh of traffic does not fit in with gently meditative bowl sounds....

--- End quote ---

Streets of Himalaya?

;D

hdibrell:
 ;D
--- Quote from: Seren on June 07, 2013, 01:00:47 PM ---I don't mind ambient noise in general - however I live on a main and busy road and somehow woosh, wooosh, woooosh of traffic does not fit in with gently meditative bowl sounds....

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version