MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Forum Member Projects News and Promotion

Need feedback on my ambient album

(1/2) > >>

Castleview:

So I'm Castleview, an ambient musician who is influenced by artists such as Steve Roach and Vidna Obmana but also, shoegaze and drone music.  Here's my new album:

http://castleview.bandcamp.com/album/hortus-conclusus

I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. I've only been recording since last November so I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. 

Also, I'd hate to suck up too much but this is seriously an awesome ambient forum. I love the fact that quite a few ambient musicians post here.

hdibrell:
Hi Castleview. Welcome to the forum. I haven't had a chance to really listen to this yet. I've only been able to listen to fairly short segments due to constraints on my time this week. What I've heard so far sounds good. Hopefully this weekend will allow more time for a deeper listening. I will say that putting up an entire album is a bit overwhelming for a lot of forum members, especially for someone we don't know yet. You might try in the future putting up one track or parts of tracks. It is easy for someone to see an entire album and think , "I don't have time to listen to an album right now. Maybe later", and then never get back to it. I know I have been guilty of this in the past. anyway, just my $.02. Cheers!   Harry

Castleview:
I understand where you're coming from. I didn't really think of that at the time because I personally felt like the album wasn't even that long.  I really could have posted a track or two first.  In the future though, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks for the advice.

El culto:
I think the title track (only until minute 6:00) has a nice essence but lacks a lot of mixing.

For my taste toooooooo noisy in the upper mid/high range, but maybe thats what you are looking for. I can imagine cutting via EQ specific frequencies can improve the track massively.

PS: I hope APK (the "noise man") donīt read this post ;D

Cheers,
Tomas

Castleview:
I only used EQ on whole tracks TBH. I probably should start using on specific layers of tracks. I actually was going for a bit of a noisy touch TBH on the title track and Sapphire especially, if you were wondering. Thanks for the feedback Tomas. I'll definitely need to get better in my usage of EQ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version