Author Topic: el culto News: K. Wiese/M. Grassow/T. Weiss/Nautic Depths/Submental/El Hadra...  (Read 4671 times)

El culto

• View Profile
OUT NOW ::  Nautic Depths - Elsewhere I (Musical Philosophy)

Comes as Luxus Digipak

"Elsewhere I" is the deepest and most colourful album by Nautic Depths so far. As the title suggests, it explores and dives into those places any listener of Ambient Music very likely knew about. A feeling of moving out of reality and physical focus with a sense of being "Elsewhere" - like an emotional journey to known, but also new and free places. "Elsewhere I" (followed by Part II later) is particularly inspired by these mind-based territories we can only reach through our imagination...

More info:

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/nauticdepths/elsewhereistandardedition.html

Greetings,
Tomas
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:45:27 AM by El culto »

El culto

• View Profile
For a long time sold out and finally back in stock - 3 different CD Albums by Klaus Wiese:

:: Monsoon

:: Turandot

:: Tariqa

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/klauswiese/index.html

Greetings,
Tomas

El culto

• View Profile
Today we got a lot more older Klaus Wiese CDs:

:: Infinity

:: Seed

:: Ceremony

:: Vision

:: Uranus

:: Dunya

:: Mudra

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/klauswiese/index.html

Greetings,
Tomas

Castleview

• View Profile
Nice!

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Klaus wiese is among the best, R.IP.
Nice to see his albums is still releasesed, he is still kind of unkown and underground even in ambient circles.
I thnk i Have all his albums in his massive discopgrahy, maybe a few missing..

El culto

• View Profile
:: Limited Offer ::

Mathias Grassow - Dagaz (Regular Edition)

http://el-culto.com/artists/mathiasgrassow/dagaz.html

Mathias Grassow - Dagaz (Musical Philosophy)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:52:03 AM by El culto »

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Dagaz was a quite good album I rated it 4 of 5 stars.

El culto

• View Profile
OUT NOW ::  Tomas Weiss - Zeitlos (Musical Philosophy)

Comes as 4-panel Luxus-Digipak with full panoramic graphics on the cover.

Minimal but highly emotional drones to rich walls of sound, each title consists of subtle movements embedded in a colourful bed of several tone layers. The aim was to create an exceptionally warm-sounding album you can repeatedly listen to in situations requiring a "mental calmness" without cold / noisy tones or a harsh overall sound. The album was recorded, mixed and mastered with analog equipment to retain the unique sound delivered by non-digital hardware. Feeling "Zeitlos" ("Timeless" in English) is doubtlessly a desirable state of mind for most if not all of us when searching for personal rest... and that's what the album is made for!

Tomas Weiss - Zeitlos

More info:

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/tomasweiss/zeitlos.html

Greetings,
Tomas
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:45:16 PM by El culto »

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Sounds fantastic, Tomas.

El culto

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your feedback Chris!

Greetings,
Tomas

Ein Sophistry

• View Profile
Really digging Zeitlos, Tomas. A definite album of the year contender for me.
Ain Sophistry
In Pursuit of Philosophical/Scientific Clarity in Scientific/Philosophical Thought.

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
"Zeitlos", drone magic at its most mindscaping!!! Bravo, Tomas!!!

Richard

El culto

• View Profile
Ein Sophistry + Richard - once more, thanks for your nice feedback!

Greetings,
Tomas

Ekstasis

• View Profile
I like Zeitos too..really dark mood quite depressing The video fits perfectly with the mood.
The guitars that is added is great..

Who is the girl Jesse i stalking ?

Anyway..the video fits the music very well..give a quite sense of loneliness

Jesse is an old friend of mine btw..we do not have much contact anymore unfortunately
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:53:50 PM by Immersion »

El culto

• View Profile
Important info about CDs by Mathias Grassow listed on el culto

Some time ago we were informed that the music on several albums by Mathias Grassow includes uncleared samples of releases by other artists. In legal terms "uncleared" means that an artist used music (sound samples and / or sections) from other works without permission from the legal owner of the copyright, and presented it as their own. After some detailed research, we unfortunately have to confirm that this information is correct, and refers at least to the following CDs by Mathias:

:: Transpersonal
:: Calibration
:: 3rd Dimension
:: Fata Morgana

Two of those albums ("Transpersonal" and "3rd Dimension") extensively use sounds and complete sections from the song "L°yndomsriss" by the band "Wardruna".

A track on another album ("Fata Morgana") uses the complete guitar and synthesizer section of the track "The First Snow" by the band "Drudkh".

Finally on "Calibration", an entire track was taken from the previously released album "Perfume" by Klaus Wiese.

As we are sensitive about copyright issues and have respect for the artistic works of other musicians, we have decided to delete the afore-mentioned CDs from our site, and el culto will cease to distribute these albums from now on.

Despite this unfortunate news, we will still proceed with the re-release of "Himavat" in 2014, because the whole album (new mixing / mastering, covers, CDs) is already manufactured and was previously approved by Mathias (together with Himalaya and Dagaz). However, this will be the last album by Mathias directly released by el culto.

Greetings,
Tomas

drone on

• View Profile
Finally on "Calibration", an entire track was taken from the previously released album "Perfume" by Klaus Wiese.

Oh geez.  That's really disappointing to read.  :(

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Transpersonal is among my top favorute albums by Mattias Grassow.

Very surprised news indeed but I guess in this type of music which can be quite sample oriented it is maybe more common....  I would of course like to hear the samples side to side and compare, I would imagine that he have also put a lot of reverb on them, I am not sure how much he have mangled the sounds "artistic" to create something new or if it is almost untouched.  If it is untouched well that is not good, but I personally would really care what type of sounds is sampled ?  is it looped or modified in any way artistically.. I think the line can be quite thin sometimes.. but there is limits I think, you should atleast transform it some how, if you mix it with other sounds then the sampled you used it will sounds like something completely different.

Anyway it is surprising that you will cut the collaboration with him , despite this I still think Grassow is the king in what he is doing,  I think his albums is created in a quite spontaneous way during meditation .. I guess he does the music for himself in first hand.

Surpising to hear he have sampled stuff from Drudkh which happen to be one of my favorite bands.

Well after hearing all this,  I am not lying but in some of grassow releases I think I heard one of my older ambient tracks in there..
I always thought it was just  imagination but now I have no idea anymore,  I have only sent it to a few album; jesse was one of them I am not sure if he did pass it through to more people it was from my track called "ambient 16"

EDIT: I sent it to your PM box now.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:53:39 PM by Immersion »

ffcal

• View Profile

This is very disappointing to hear.  I like what I've heard of his more recent releases.  I remember that on an early album ("In Search of Sanity," I think) he used an extended sample from one of Steve Roach's early 90s albums without getting clearance first.

Forrest

Ekstasis

• View Profile

This is very disappointing to hear.  I like what I've heard of his more recent releases.  I remember that on an early album ("In Search of Sanity," I think) he used an extended sample from one of Steve Roach's early 90s albums without getting clearance first.

Forrest

Yeah I agree one full track untouched..it is just unbelievable.. I thought Klaus and him was close friends...

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
I think blatant plagiarism (piracy of sorts) is one thing, but 'reworking' material is a much more grey area. What do you need to do to a sound / sample to make it 'yours' ? I'm sure some legal musicologists would know. Is reversing it enough, for example ?

Interesting point on the legality side, all manner of sample packs and ambient libraries are used 'as is' frequently. I used to work with a guy who used those Acid Loops CDs entirely to create (so called) 'Hypnosis music' CDs, which sold very well. Personally, I thought he wasn't doing much artistically to create them, but who's to say how people should use this material ?