Author Topic: el culto News: K. Wiese/M. Grassow/T. Weiss/Nautic Depths/Submental/El Hadra...  (Read 6359 times)

El culto

• View Profile
PLEASE guys…don´t start here a deeper discussion about legal terms (maybe a new thread for it in another section?). This here was only an info about some CDs with issues listed on el culto and why they are not available anymore.

@Pete: It depends on national rules and contracts between states and also on royalty companies for author right. Here in Germany our highest court said, even 2 seconds is not allowed to sample. And if you want sample you have to have the permission and need to credit the source at least.

Sample libraries are LICENSED to people who bought this package and can be used it as much as wanted afterward…same goes for AFAIK any synth and use of the included presets. BUT, some years ago even Spectrasonics asked for credits if you use some of their libraries for an official release!

Greetings,
Tomas

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Tomas,
Apologies, I didn't mean to side-track your thread with heavy legal stuff, I was just trying to contrast what some people do with commercially available content to create music.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
BUT, some years ago even Spectrasonics asked for credits if you use some of their libraries for an official release!

Greetings,
Tomas

What a big joke haha... One more reason to stay away from Spectrasonics crap That is such greedyness..
Do not include the samples if you are not allowed to use them in music..that is my opinion.. However most people process and mix etc so it is impossible to detected the source samples...  I think  in the "Lost" tv series  the big boom sound with the logo was spectrasonics I am sure they must have made a fortune of that pathetic sample haha.

EDIT: this was the one
LOST Logo - The End + Bass effect
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:03:58 PM by Immersion »

El culto

• View Profile
Immersion,

once more and quoting myself:

"PLEASE guys…don´t start here a deeper discussion about legal terms"

If you want to talk about things like that or similar issue please open a new thread in one of the Hypnos sections!

Thanks!
Tomas

El culto

• View Profile
Tomas,
Apologies, I didn't mean to side-track your thread with heavy legal stuff, I was just trying to contrast what some people do with commercially available content to create music.

Thanks Pete, and yes, i do understand your point but i think this would be a great new thread in another section on this board   8)

Greetings,
Tomas

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
On the topic of el culto news: I am eagerly awaiting my copy of the new Tomas Weiss release!!  :)

drone on

• View Profile
Tomas, just playing Devil's advocate here, but you did choose to share this information on the forum.  People are now not allowed to discuss it?  Personally I wish you would've kept the details off the forum as it seems a private matter, and to be honest it's not what Mathias' fans want to hear.  Or you could've just said "for legal reasons" instead of the sordid details.  I really didnt think it belonged on the forum at all.

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Tomas, just playing Devil's advocate here, but you did choose to share this information on the forum.  People are now not allowed to discuss it?  Personally I wish you would've kept the details off the forum as it seems a private matter, and to be honest it's not what Mathias' fans want to hear.  Or you could've just said "for legal reasons" instead of the sordid details.  I really didnt think it belonged on the forum at all.

It could maybe have been the best thing to do..I Feel sorry for Matthias.. but as I said I think Matthias do music mostly for him self for his own private moments, maybe he mix in some samples etc..  regarding the klaus wise perfume track maybe it was a mix up or something... I can imagine grassow has a very big library of drones.. which sound in many cases identical to klaus Wiese..

El culto

• View Profile

Chris, is it really so difficult to understand what i´m asking for?

"PLEASE guys…don´t start here a deeper discussion about legal terms"

The post was ONLY about some CDs we´ve decided to cut on our site and also to explain the reasons why we´ve decided to do so - thats all, straight forward and pretty fair. It wasn´t meant as an invitation to start here general analyses or presumptions about this legal issue, others can´t judge at all - neither it´s a welcome post for people derailing this thread with heavy emotional weight (as you do it right now). It can´t be an excuse not to post issue which are clearly belong to this thread (el culto news) just because a fan don´t won´t like to hear it. I really can´t believe you mean this seriously as it sounds like someone denies to read news because he could be disappointed about what happen in the world.

Greetings,
Tomas

El culto

• View Profile
On the topic of el culto news: I am eagerly awaiting my copy of the new Tomas Weiss release!!  :)

Thanks Chris to bring the topic back :) Hope the copy will arrive soon!

drone on

• View Profile
Its a private legal matter.  Why is it anyone's business especially if there's some apparent wrongdoing?  Yeah I'm disappointed but I'm not crying about it.  And I support Mathias 100% in his future musical endeavors!

Btw, I'm just stating my opinion, not looking to argue.  :)

Ekstasis

• View Profile
Its a private legal matter.  Why is it anyone's business especially if there's some apparent wrongdoing?  Yeah I'm disappointed but I'm not crying about it.  And I support Mathias 100% in his future musical endeavors!

Btw, I'm just stating my opinion, not looking to argue.  :)

I agree, in this sound style... the tolerance is higher then for other music for sure I have not heard the A/B comparison myself. I agree it is a private matter and it is maybe not in a label owners interest to try to choke grassows carrier by naming exact songs etc it is not really something that will benifit grassow for sure.

. I respect that Grassow do music for himself, as long as it is not any billboards who really cares... A lot of music i sample based and are using sampling all the time, hip hop for instance, the genre would not exist if it wasn't for sampling or stealing,   but as long as you do something artistic with it,  or put it in a new context I think it is creative..
Also I think it depends on what is being sampled, a melody  for instance... but even with that you should not have alone rights on a melody just because some one was first, if some mind can come up with a melody I am sure another mind can come up with the same with time,   Also a samples used but put in a different context or music style I think is a way of using it artistically..
I just do not think all this commercial bullshit should interfere with the artistic output, let the music be free,

but there should be limits also..the line can be thin in this grey zone.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:42:51 PM by Immersion »

El culto

• View Profile
COMING SOON :: Wintersilence - Submental Vol. 2

Wintersilence - Submental Vol. 2

Greetings,
Tomas

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile

Greetings,
Tomas

Ah great, finally time to fill the metal box ;)

El culto

• View Profile
LIMITED BUNDLE :: Solveil - Con Sense

Solveil offers a versatile combination of deep and spacy electronic music. Based on essentially Ambient moods, this CD adds amazing colours and subtle rhythms, drifting into more psychedelic paths but still keeping a stable mood in the direction of moody and advanced Ambient Music. Very hard to describe in words, but expect an exceptional journey through different and very atmospheric ideas - it clearly sets a mark in what can be done today by merging Ambient/Space Music and Electronica. Moreover, the release comes with an additional ultra limited Bonus CD featuring a stunning Live Set - performed in Athens - recorded in brilliant Full Stereo (!!!) quality...highly recommended!

:: Already sold out on Databloem ::

Samples and last remaining copies here:
http://www.el-culto.com/artists/consense/consensebundle.html

Greetings,
Tomas

phobos

• No choice is a choice
    • View Profile

Greetings,
Tomas

Finally got around to listen to this, beautiful work Tomas 8)
http://soundcloud.com/phobos-2
http://phobos.bandcamp.com/
http://phobos-ambient.moonfruit.com/
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."Leopold Stokowski

Steve Lazur

• View Profile
I would like to add another thumbs for both "Zeitlos" and "Revelation". Two more release that carry on the deep ambient that el culto is known for. My favorite time to listen to music is as I go to sleep at night. These fit that purpose. I've been listening to them back to back for a few weeks and I am still discovering them. I always look forward to the next el culto release.     

I hope that lessons are learned and that Mathias can be forgiven. It would be a great loss if not.

El culto

• View Profile
David and Steve, thanks a lot for your nice feedback - it´s very much appreciated!  :)

Also, it seems I´ve forgotten to add "Revelation" Video…

Anthony Paul Kerby & Tomas Weiss - Revelation

Greetings,
Tomas

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Who is Wintersilence, by the way?

Wanterkeelt

• Do you know this man ?
    • View Profile
Order placed. Quality guaranteed :)