Author Topic: el culto News: K. Wiese/M. Grassow/T. Weiss/Nautic Depths/Submental/El Hadra...  (Read 6984 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Matthias Grassow I believe.  The first CD was on Weird Amplexus.

El culto

• View Profile
Fantastic news about the music of Klaus Wiese, which had a huge impact on many Ambient Artists (Oophoi, Mathias Grassow, Tomas Weiss and a great number of others) and listeners who are into professional and personal "musical therapy" worldwide.

https://www.facebook.com/klaus.wiese.music

Greetings,
Tomas

Castleview

• View Profile
Fantastic news about the music of Klaus Wiese, which had a huge impact on many Ambient Artists (Oophoi, Mathias Grassow, Tomas Weiss and a great number of others) and listeners who are into professional and personal "musical therapy" worldwide.

https://www.facebook.com/klaus.wiese.music

Greetings,
Tomas

Oh wow, that is amazing news. Some of the best I've heard in a long time.
http://castleview.bandcamp.com/
New album available now!

El culto

• View Profile
New video to accompany the first re-release on "Arc":

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJxJUJ9d2w

Greetings,
Tomas

chris23

• View Profile
    • bandcamp profile
Sounds outstanding. Jesse is a pro at making videos that fit the mood of the music well.

jpharr

• View Profile
Sounds outstanding. Jesse is a pro at making videos that fit the mood of the music well.

I'm very grateful for this feedback, not the least because I have huge respect for Wiese's music.
Glad you feel it fits, and I agree the sound is just right!

El culto

• View Profile
Today, Arc label published another track/video from the upcoming re-release of "Ming Noir" by Klaus Wiese.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9V8bFDsxA

Greetings,
Tomas

Seren

• View Profile
Today, Arc label published another track/video from the upcoming re-release of "Ming Noir" by Klaus Wiese.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9V8bFDsxA

Greetings,
Tomas

ooh, great album, must dig it out and listen to it again. Highly recommended - if you don't have it yet, this is a great opportunity.

drone on

• View Profile
Hmmm, thought rare stuff was being released.  Ming Noir was available for years.  Kind of disappointing for the first release on this label. 

El culto

• View Profile
Hmmm, thought rare stuff was being released.  Ming Noir was available for years.  Kind of disappointing for the first release on this label.

Hmmmm, i thought you would understand what "re-release" means! Never mind though  ;D

Greetings,
Tomas

Castleview

• View Profile
I saw a used copy of Ming Noir go for at least $60 (probably higher) not too long ago on Amazon. It's not exactly easy to get for a reasonable price nowadays, and it's far from the only one like that either.

I want to see Cosmic Glue re-released soon too.
http://castleview.bandcamp.com/
New album available now!

drone on

• View Profile
Well the prices on Amazon are usually grossly inflated.  I would check Discogs first.

I notice there is a new Grassow CD out on Databloem called First Gift of Life.

El culto

• View Profile
SOON:

Nautic Depths & Nunc Stans - Falling Silent

The unfolded cover incl. Front, Spine and Back.
Artwork by Jesse Harrison.

Greetings,
Tomas

El culto

• View Profile

Klaus Wiese - Ming Noir (2014 Version)

:: Remastered by el culto with the main focus on correcting all errors (clicks, digital Dat-Sync error noises etc), often clearly audible in almost each original release.
:: To preserve the unique, warm sound Klaus is known for, each track was treated using individual chains of analogue equipment only.

More Info:

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/klauswiese/ming-noir-2014-version.html

Greetings,
Tomas
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:43:02 AM by El culto »

El culto

• View Profile
SOON:

Nautic Depths & Nunc Stans - Falling Silent (Musical Philosophy)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tazp74pPeU

About 2 years in progress, Falling Silent is the first collaboration album by Nautic Depths. It explores sombre and highly intimate sound worlds, maintaining an expressive flow with many embedded details. So far itīs the warmest album by Nautic Depths, with a focus on touching and latent harmonic layers especially in the lower end of the music - you wonīt hear any intrusive or ear-piercing sounds on this album. Falling Silent works perfectly for any kind of relaxation and personal reflection, as all music is mixed without interruption between the tracks.

By ordering "Falling Silent" within the first 5 days of our preorder (available soon), you will get a special price for the upcoming 2nd part of the first Nautic Depths album "North Passage":

North passage II - The last journey

When available later this year, you will get this ultra deep follow-up in luxury Digipak for 15 Euro only (Worldwide including shipping). In addition, you will receive this album 1 month before the official release date!

Greetings,
Tomas

El culto

• View Profile
NEW:

Nautic Depths & Nunc Stans - Falling Silent

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tazp74pPeU

Please note that we can ship your order at a later time upon request! As the holiday season has started already, you may wish to specify a particular shipping date in order to receive the package later!

http://www.el-culto.com/artists/nauticdepths/falling-silent

Greetings,
Tomas
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:19:11 AM by El culto »

Joe R

• View Profile
Just pre-ordered this. The sound sample, with headphones, sounds great, and the cover art is intriguingly bleak. I'm really looking forward to it!

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
You can't go wrong with this one, Joe.
Thanks.
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

APK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DataObscura
There is now a download version of  Nautic Depths & Nunc Stans: Falling Silent
available at DataObscura.  www.dataobscura.com/proddetail.php?prod=MP13 
www.dataobscura.com
www.dataobscura.com/apk
The Circular Ruins / Lammergeyer / Nunc Stans

combox

• View Profile
Shipping to Ukraine
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »
I was shocked when Tomas said that he wont send the CD becourse I live in Ukraine. I always was ordering all the cds and releases from Musical Philosophy all this time. Im very big fan of ambient music and now its a shame that the artists mix the political situation with music tastes and with music worlds(( Im really dissapointed.. I have no idea how to get now a new cd and also forthcoming also((( shit
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:31:44 AM by APK »