Author Topic: The Jackpot of Singing Bowl Ambient/Drone  (Read 922 times)

judd stephens

• View Profile
The Jackpot of Singing Bowl Ambient/Drone
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
http://seeyouinsleep.bandcamp.com/album/decipher-reflections 

The sounds from Brian Green, check him out!  Not your run- of -the- mill tibetan bowl stuff. 

ffcal

• View Profile
Re: The Jackpot of Singing Bowl Ambient/Drone
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »
Track 2 sounds very pleasant, though it sounds like he may have used some keyboard-controlled samples there.  The rich harmonics of the bowls would likely clash more if they weren't in equal temperament.

Forrest

Julio Di Benedetto

• Life is a privilege, not a right!
    • View Profile
    • Digtalvoices
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 04:07:00 AM »
That is the jackpot......lots of bowl drones.  I prefer the tracks where the performance is lost in deep reverb/fx   Bowls recorded straight, in a traditional sense, pale next to the actual performance of bowls played live. Their special quality is best when physically experienced.  That being said, singing bowl "shows" are not common.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
Totally agree with you Julio, and to Forrest, I think he samples his own bowl playing for what that's worth, but yeah. 

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 03:10:20 AM »
To me the jackpot is umbra records Klaus Wiese set Klangschalen Sounds, which is 12 CDR's in the special packaging.  With oophoi's recent passing these are no longer available.  One of the most cherished items in my collection, mindblowing bowl drones and gorgeous artwork for each disc.

judd stephens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 08:33:11 PM »
That Klaus Wiese set sounds awesome... and highly sought after. 

http://seeyouinsleep.bandcamp.com/album/tibetan-singing-bowl-meditation-2  --- more of Brian Green here, I'm listening to the track "111" and it's sounding beautiful.  It's in the similar realm of Oophoi's Behind the Wall of Sleep in mood.  The tracks are a little unrefined, but the kid has a good ear and knows what he's doing.  I bet with an experienced mastering he could go places.  Baby...