MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Other Ambient (and related) Music

Bandcamp

<< < (2/11) > >>

chris23:

--- Quote from: petekelly on July 12, 2013, 01:56:01 PM ---CD Baby is still the only decent way to go for digital distribution though, which isn't Bandcamp's thing.

--- End quote ---

What does that mean, exactly? I'm a bit naive on how things work on the artist, label, distro end.

zzzone.net:

--- Quote from: | broken harbour | on July 12, 2013, 12:10:28 PM ---I was an early adopter back when Bandcamp got started.  I love it, they know how to treat artists, and buying music through bandcamp is dead easy.  I also like the way they handle physical sales, as I have to box it up and mail it myself, not depend on cdbaby or a different distribution platform.  This makes the artist and listeners feel more connected, and I like that.

--- End quote ---

I'm just listening to Gramophone Transmissions on Bandcamp right now and really digging it.  My cup of tea.  Proves that rapid gratification can be good.

Julio Di Benedetto:
As a musician bandcamp is the only place my music is available. Its so simple to create an identity of ones own underneath the huge umbrella that bandcamp is.  AS a music lover it is the first place I go to buy music.  Slowly more established labels such as Projekt for example are using Bandcamp for their downloads.  This is encouraging.

Scott Raymond:
As a consumer and DJ, I like Bandcamp a lot for all the reasons listed here. I'd also like to add that it's easy for musicians to offer promo downloads to DJ's and reviewers, too. As a DJ, I'm seeing more and more promo downloads these days, and I've never had problems with the Bandcamp system.

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM

| broken harbour |:

--- Quote from: jimzzzak on July 12, 2013, 03:56:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: | broken harbour | on July 12, 2013, 12:10:28 PM ---I was an early adopter back when Bandcamp got started.  I love it, they know how to treat artists, and buying music through bandcamp is dead easy.  I also like the way they handle physical sales, as I have to box it up and mail it myself, not depend on cdbaby or a different distribution platform.  This makes the artist and listeners feel more connected, and I like that.

--- End quote ---

I'm just listening to Gramophone Transmissions on Bandcamp right now and really digging it.  My cup of tea.  Proves that rapid gratification can be good.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version