Author Topic: 'Unveil' free track  (Read 375 times)

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
'Unveil' free track
« on: July 29, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »
'Unveil' free track

The inspiration for this track was hearing choral / organ music in a highly reverberant Abbey Church and being inspired by the cavernous low notes and uplifting voices created by the acoustic effects of the space. I also was very taken with the atmosphere created by the music, I pick up on the 'presence' in such places and find them inspiring. I tried to create something with a 'sacred ambient' motif. I'm rarely directly inspired in such a way musically, but this has been an engaging exception.

The source material for this track was taken from a pool of sounds from which my 'Harmony through Conflict' and 'NYX' albums arose (as well as my upcoming releases 'IRIS') This pool of material contains a lot of experimental recordings created using Native Instrument's Razor and Prism synths (as well as a lot of manipulated sample library recordings) I used the Razor's vocoder in 'Unveil', I think this is the best vocoder I've come across and I'm a big fan of such things ! Image-line's idiosyncratic Harmor synth was also featured on this track.

Free download (wav file)
Soundcloud:

Bandcamp:
http://igneousflame.bandcamp.com/track/unveil

Castleview

• View Profile
Re: 'Unveil' free track
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
I really enjoy it but I'm not really hearing much of a sacred/choral influence. It reminds me of Steve Roach more than anything else.

petekelly

• View Profile
    • LuminaSounds
Re: 'Unveil' free track
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:52 AM »
Thanks for the comments, 'Castleview' the choral influence is there, but it's subtle. The Steve Roach bit isn't though - I have a lot of respect for Mr Roach, bur he isn't one of my influences.

Anyway, here's a video to accompany the track: (Slow-mo stream footage with FX)

Unveil