MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Other Ambient (and related) Music

Where is Tetsu Inoue?

(1/2) > >>

drone on:
Listening to some classic Fax albums tonight, I decided to do some research to find out the latest.  All I found was a blog by Phonaut asking the same thing, about a year ago.  He was concerned he's either dead or just being a recluse, as all his emails went unanswered and cards/letters never got a reply.  He was running tetsus website the last several years.  The man is a ghost.  Anyone know anything???

Antdude:
Kind of curious, myself. The last new album Tetsu put out was 'Inland' on the Fax label, back in 2007.  I know of nothing since then.

Dave at Ear Rational has been hard at work on his tribute album to Pete Namlook http://carpesonum.tumblr.com/namlooktribute The track list from Fax artists had no submission from Tetsu Inoue.

drone on:
Antdude,

Thank you so much for mention of this Namlook tribute!  Had no idea this was coming out.  4 CD's of unreleased music by Fax artists--the tracklist looks incredible (some tracks that were intended for future Fax releases, like Spyra, Anthony Rother, etc.)--plus 4 MORE cd's of music by fans.  I would have been happy to have 4 discs of Fax artists; not sure about 4 discs of unknowns.  The set will sell for $85(!!) available late September.  Could've cut that price in half with maybe 4 CD's mentioned above plus one by fans.  I think 8 is a bit excessive, but we shall see...Speaking of Fax, I noticed the Fax website was finally sold.  I kept checking it every so often for maybe some information about Peter's death and/or statements by his family, but it never happened.  The website finally down is really kind of a cold hard slice of reality that this really was the end of Fax records.   :(

Regarding Tetsu, seems nobody cared (except you and me).  Maybe that's why he's in hiding or whatever.   ;D

ffcal:

--- Quote from: drone on on August 05, 2013, 12:06:35 AM ---Regarding Tetsu, seems nobody cared (except you and me).  Maybe that's why he's in hiding or whatever.   ;D

--- End quote ---

This was raised on the Hyperreal ambient list a few months ago.  I don't there was much info there, either.

Forrest

jkn:
Noah / Phonaut has been Tetsu's webmaster for years and years - and he posted this a year ago or so wondering the same thing.

http://phonaut.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/where-is-tetsu-inoue/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version