Author Topic: My review of "Lux Primordia" CDr by Telomere  (Read 470 times)

richardgurtler

• View Profile
    • My Discogs profile and shop
My review of "Lux Primordia" CDr by Telomere
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:33:07 AM »

Telomere "Lux Primordia" CDr

In California based Christopher MacDonald known as Telomere returns after more than 5 years of silence with brand new work, his 4th full length album entitled "Lux Primordia". Released during January 2013 through his own Evenfall label. This time available in CDr format, but again heavily loaded with some of the most magnificent deep space soundscapes ever created on Serge Modular and Roland Jupiter 8 synths.

This guy didn't lose anything of his mastery, it's strongly evident during the opening piece, clocking to nearly 9 and half minute mark. "Sol Zero" takes us to sublimely graceful zones, tranquilly floating and warmly expanding into utterly infinite domains. Gently enveloping monumental soundwalls are masterfully amalgamated with harmoniously glimmering spirals. What a journey, welcome to Telomere's deep sonic heaven!!! "Flightpath" unfolds with oscillating embellishments, guarded by deeper drones. Meandering and quietly outbursting helixes invade and swirl around your ears. All surrounded by endlessly sublime grandness!!! Space hums announce "Spiral Arms", but soon heartwarming drifts steal the show, enhanced by wide-screen, dramatic waves and melodies with strongly touching feel. Elegant and gracious!!! The next composition, "Visions", is the longest one on this odyssey with 10 and half minutes. Expansive dronescapes are richly colored by hauntingly immersing cascades and transitions. The myriads of dissonant sparkles and twists emerge, all the time in refined harmony with spatial emptiness. Again wealthily packed with darker and lighter motifs. "Celestial Sky", as displayed by its title, unveils with immense drones, attentively enriched by assorted euphoric glimpses, giving to this piece its ultimate magnificence. Certainly another highlight, fully absorbing and rewarding, and showcasing tremendous potential of this Californian space drifting maestro!!! "Startides" dive into deeper drone realms, spaciously weaving and transferring from tighter spheres into lighter passageways, before quietly fading away into peaceful silence. "Pillars And Jets" provide the closing episode, with slightly more monotonous feel, yet gently flavored with warmly inviting fragments and gracefully drifting through gorgeous space sceneries. Beautifully mesmerizing finale!!!

Telomere did it again, "Lux Primordia" is another sonic pearl revealing all grace, marvel and exhilaration of deep space realms!!! And yes, Telomere is still one of the best kept secrets. Undeservingly, because Christopher MacDonald is marching shoulder-to-shoulder with the giants of this genre!!! "Lux Primordia" is a must have, just like each of his previous albums!!!

Richard Gürtler (Aug 04, 2013, Bratislava, Slovakia)

drone on

• View Profile
Re: My review of "Lux Primordia" CDr by Telomere
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »
Another good review, although I think you should use more adjectives and exclamation points, for some added "oomph."  ;)