Author Topic: Academic Research Survey on Ambient Music  (Read 422 times)

icvicvicvicvi

• View Profile
Academic Research Survey on Ambient Music
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »
Hello,

I am a PhD student at the University of Virginia starting my dissertation research on the history and uses of ambient music recordings.  Part of this research involves understanding how listeners, producers, performers and fans define ambient music, and how people interact with ambient music recordings. 

You are invited to complete a survey I've created for these purposes.  Your participation would contribute to one of the first English language academic studies on ambient music, which will (hopefully) be published as a book by the end of the decade.  You can fill it out on your own time; it will probably take about 30-60 minutes on the whole.  Filling out the survey is completely voluntary and anonymous.

Survey URL:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ambientmusic

The survey will be posted until the end of August.

Your contribution is appreciated!  Don't hesitate to contact me with comments or questions about the survey.

Thanks,

Victor Szabo
vls2u(at)virginia(dot)edu
Twitter: icvicvicvicvi

Cloud Hunter

• View Profile
Re: Academic Research Survey on Ambient Music
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
Did your survey yesterday. I would be very interested to hear the results of what you find; I was wondering whether an academic paper about ambient music would ever surface. Best of luck to your further progress.