Author Topic: Who else is listening to the new Grassow on repeat?  (Read 1286 times)

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
Who else is listening to the new Grassow on repeat?
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
I pre-ordered and have the analog mastered version, and I just love this record.  I received it last Thursday and listened to it almost the entire weekend and here I am again this evening enjoying it again.

Incredible sonics and depth with a great mix of organic elements alongside beautiful synth textures.  This and the live Steve Roach release are probably my records of the year so far.

Highly recommended. 

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
Re: Who else is listening to the new Grassow on repeat?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
Which CD is this?  Tara?
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

Ein Sophistry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
Dagaz.

I've been playing it quite a bit as well; it's one of my regular "sleep" CDs at the moment. It didn't quite grab me as immediately as Elsewhere I did, but it has surely and steadily grown on me. Great stuff.
Ain Sophistry
In Pursuit of Philosophical/Scientific Clarity in Scientific/Philosophical Thought.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
Agreed!  It didn't grab me immediately but I'm listening to it again right now and find I enjoy it more with each listen.  I'm a big fan of Grassow and it's one of my favorite things that he's done.  The pre-ordered analog mastered sound is really fun with my Focal system.

jim02

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
I also agree, DAGAZ didn't grab my attention that much until i started to play it on repeat.
Grassow's music is always richly layered and therefore has timeless quality to it..

However i didn't notice anything about Weiss' newly promoted mixing techniques, that graceful 2nd 28min. piece entirely resolves into a growing rustle towards the end, something i didn't hear before in Grassow's music.. and feels like something that accidentally happened during recording sessions..

Amother new CD is planned on Gterma sometime soon in early autumn

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 05:32:45 AM »
Yes, which Grassow cd are you all talking about???

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:26 PM »
Please excuse the late response.  Dagaz is the record I was referring to.  An amazing record.  I own almost all of Mathias's work and this is one of my favorites. I pre-ordered and have the  limited edition Tomas Weiss mastered edition, it sounds incredible.

I'm sure the other version does as well, which reminds me; i need to pick that up to compare.

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:56:20 PM »
I pulled out Dagaz last week and man this is one of his best IMO.  Really ethereal nocturnal stuff.  Brilliant.

ajeroth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 06:30:53 AM »
I bought this album on the strength of this thread.  Really like it.  Reminds me of O÷phoi, but has its own feel as well.