OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

Insights from Daniel Lanois

<< < (2/2)

LNerell:
I saw this video last week, it is interesting. Funny though is I just started reading his book Soul Mining in which he covers a lot of similar ground with more detail and of course a whole lot more too. Anyone heard of the guy who interviewed him before? I suspect he is some hiphop producer because of Daniel's one reference about the killer bass to him.

--- Quote from: Julio Di Benedetto on August 25, 2013, 05:50:29 AM ---I may have mentioned this before but back in the 80's in London before I came to  America I had the good fortune to see an Ambient concert with Harold Budd, Daniel Lanois, Micheal Brooks & Roger Eno.  Brian Eno was there but not as a performer.  It was a small theater with maybe 100 seats.....it was perfect!
--- End quote ---

Sounds like the Opal records tour, we had something similar in LA, but in the larger Japan/American Theater with Budd, Roger Eno, Laraaji, Hugo Largo and the highlight of the two day event being Carl Stone interviewing Brian Eno. Interesting event, but I never understood why Hugo Largo was so highly thought of at the time.

drone on:
Exactly!  Never understood how Hugo Largo fit in with Opal, but I assume Eno was enamored with them for some reason....

judd stephens:

--- Quote from: LNerell on September 13, 2013, 11:41:05 PM --- Anyone heard of the guy who interviewed him before? I suspect he is some hiphop producer because of Daniel's one reference about the killer bass to him.

--- End quote ---

Yes, he's Pharrell Williams and though I don't know his work well, he was in a band called N.E.R.D. and he did sing in a couple songs on the new Daft Punk album.  I guess he does produce music too, but it's mostly pop and rap (he's in that crazy huge song by Robin Thicke right now).  The only thing I like is his Daft Punk appearance as it fits well and his voice is similar to the singing on their other vocal-heavy album called Discovery. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version