MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Forum Member Projects News and Promotion

Orbiting the Earth with an Audio System

<< < (2/7) > >>

Earth_Orbit:
Thanks for giving it a listen and for your warm welcome!

I'll be sure to fill out a brief intro, that certainly makes sense that it would likely help me to collect more feedback.

Also, I really like your signature.  I have a 12 year old Red Heeler mix recovering from a $3k leg surgery.  I'm still paying it off, but worth every penny...

Earth_Orbit:
I'm likely just missing it, but I didn't see a section for introductions.

There isn't that much to say, really.  My older brothers introduced me to ambient and IDM music at a young age. We used to hang out and play Master of Orion and Xcom UFO Defense while rotating ambient records.

The first two CD's I bought were Aphex Twin Saw 1 and 2.  I grew up in Happy Valley Salt Lake City and it was difficult for me to find other people who were into the same sound which was sort of a feedback loop to get me more into it.

There was a brief testosterone dominated period of my youth where I was determined to be a successful DJ, but thankfully that didn't last very long.

I started listening to ambient music more in my late teens and I used to play a table-top RPG called GURPS, where we would always have textures on for atmosphere.  That was a big part of the reason I became so fascinated with the sound, in how in helped facilitate imaginative landscapes and other-wordly experiences.  This was right about the time that I started exploring altered states, and I've been gravitating towards this sound ever since. 

My favorite artist of all-time is Oophoi, his music changed my life.  I'm also a big fan of Steve Roach, Sleep Research Facility, Tomas Koner, Tomas Weiss, Mathias Grassow and Tetsu Inoue.  There are many other artists I enjoy, but these are my biggest influences.

I have a degree in "Sound Arts", whatever that means, and I now work as a sound designer and audio engineer in the Pacific NW, Seattle metro area.  I'd love to meet other folks in the area for friendship and collaboration if anyone else is out here.

chris23:
Welcome. Interesting background. Enjoyed your sounds.

hdibrell:
The introduction section is in the Everything And Nothing section, but what you wrote is a pretty good intro. I plan to download and listen to more of your music this weekend when I have more time. As I said earlier , I'm a sucker for drones, especially analog drones. We all came to this music through different paths which makes it interesting to read how others found it. Good luck with your music and I look forward to hearing more.

Earth_Orbit:
Thanks, Chris23, I think I should have started posting here a long time ago. 

And, hdibrell, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback.  It's been a busy week for me too and I plan to listen to Castleview's work this weekend.  Do you have music online that I could listen to as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version