Author Topic: Orbiting the Earth with an Audio System  (Read 1816 times)

Castleview

• View Profile
Re: Orbiting the Earth with an Audio System
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
My new album is already out now. I released it a week or two ago. You should check it out.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
holy shit.  I've been sleeping on this, Castle... 

You have some really nice work on your Bandcamp.  I think I was in a hurry when I last visited and didn't let it sit in the background long enough.  This evening i listened to Droneworlds, Hortus Conclusus and Chamber Music and I was really impressed with your narratives and emotional dynamics.  Each record had  a unique feel and you do a great job of balancing the listen with different vibes and timbers.  I also really appreciate the organic feel your music has, which I sometimes struggle to find in my own.

Would you like to collaborate on a project?  It was really fun to do so with Theta and I still enjoy listening to the result.

Let's do this.  I'm happy to mix/master as well.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 09:54:01 AM »
holy shit.  I've been sleeping on this, Castle... 

You have some really nice work on your Bandcamp.  I think I was in a hurry when I last visited and didn't let it sit in the background long enough.  This evening i listened to Droneworlds, Hortus Conclusus and Chamber Music and I was really impressed with your narratives and emotional dynamics.  Each record had  a unique feel and you do a great job of balancing the listen with different vibes and timbers.  I also really appreciate the organic feel your music has, which I sometimes struggle to find in my own.

Would you like to collaborate on a project?  It was really fun to do so with Theta and I still enjoy listening to the result.

Let's do this.  I'm happy to mix/master as well.

I'm open to collaborating on something. I don't know if I have the time right now though. I barely have enough time to work on any music right now because of grad school but maybe things will be less busy in a month or two.

Thanks for the compliments! I really do try hard to make every album sound unique, with not a lot of good equipment.

I really appreciate you posting Droneworlds on Reddit too. I didn't realize that there was an ambient section there but I don't go on Reddit much. I might have to go there more.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 03:22:49 PM »
Anytime, Castle.  Still enjoying your catalog, particularly Chamber Music, hit me up for a project whenever you're free.

Here is the latest effort:

http://earthorbitaudiosystem.bandcamp.com/album/the-bridge

I'm pretty happy with the sonics.  The new Uhe Satin plugin is really fun.

BigLooper

• Looper Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
    • loop827 Homepage
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
Sounds cool! A powerful sound. Reminds me of Menche's take on waterfalls (I think it was called "Cataract").
Big Looper
Interesting Loop-Based Music
http://loop827.wordpress.com/

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.  I haven't heard of the artist or the record you mention, I'll be seeking it out.

That Uhe tape simulation is the best bang for buck software I've ever bought.  It's super flexible with powerful dynamics and also fllange/delay effects.  Sounds great with minimal tweaking and really shines when you start to learn the additional parameters. 

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
Daniel Menche is pretty good. His style leans toward noise more than ambient IMO but still a lot more accessible than let's say Merzbow. I like Static Burn and Field Of Skin. He does have a Bandcamp page:

http://danielmenche.bandcamp.com/

I'm almost done playing The Bridge and it's really good stuff. I'm digging the subtle changes toward the end.

Speaking of recording and equipment, how do you like the Moogerfooger? I noticed you used one on at least one of your releases. Also, if you're looking for a cheap reverb plugin that's awesome, check out ValhallaRoom. Just got it recently and I love it.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »
Interesting.  Thanks for the recommendation, Castle.  Strangely enough his last name is phonetically identical to mi Madre's maiden name.  Cosmic.

I'll be checking this out.

Thank you for listening to the latest effort and for your feedback!

I love the Foogers.  Quite frankly, i think with the combination of CV, they helped me find the direction of my sound.  I use the ClusterFlux on everything, mono synth in, stereo out to Eventide stompboxes.  My favorites are the ringmod, filter, clusterflux and delay.  They really shine when you combine them with a CP-251 and start playing with voltage.

They just released those MiniFoogers, which, as far as i can tell, have the same sonic character but with limited CV.

Castleview

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
I might look into getting one of those Minifoogers, since I'm cheap.

Earth_Orbit

• View Profile
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
The sonics won't be cheap, if they're anything like their big-brothers, definitely recommended.  The delay pedals are especially interesting to me.