MUSIC, AMBIENCE AND SOUND ART > Now Playing

Who else is listening to the new Grassow on repeat?

(1/2) > >>

Earth_Orbit:
I pre-ordered and have the analog mastered version, and I just love this record.  I received it last Thursday and listened to it almost the entire weekend and here I am again this evening enjoying it again.

Incredible sonics and depth with a great mix of organic elements alongside beautiful synth textures.  This and the live Steve Roach release are probably my records of the year so far.

Highly recommended. 

SunDummy:
Which CD is this?  Tara?

Ein Sophistry:
Dagaz.

I've been playing it quite a bit as well; it's one of my regular "sleep" CDs at the moment. It didn't quite grab me as immediately as Elsewhere I did, but it has surely and steadily grown on me. Great stuff.

Earth_Orbit:
Agreed!  It didn't grab me immediately but I'm listening to it again right now and find I enjoy it more with each listen.  I'm a big fan of Grassow and it's one of my favorite things that he's done.  The pre-ordered analog mastered sound is really fun with my Focal system.

jim02:
I also agree, DAGAZ didn't grab my attention that much until i started to play it on repeat.
Grassow's music is always richly layered and therefore has timeless quality to it..

However i didn't notice anything about Weiss' newly promoted mixing techniques, that graceful 2nd 28min. piece entirely resolves into a growing rustle towards the end, something i didn't hear before in Grassow's music.. and feels like something that accidentally happened during recording sessions..

Amother new CD is planned on Gterma sometime soon in early autumn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version