Author Topic: Does this woman want me to ask her out?  (Read 108 times)

drone on

• View Profile
Does this woman want me to ask her out?
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »
Hey all,

I am looking for opinions on a dating situation.

A woman I'm interested in has shown signs of mutual interest.  She's a single mom who in unattached.  Last week while chatting she told me when she's not hanging with her daughter she volunteers at two separate organizations.  She commented that she wants to cut back on her volunteer hours "to have more time to herself.". She offered this information without me asking about her free time or what she does on weekends. 

Does this sound like a subtle invitation for me to ask her out or get her number?

As with many guys, I often have trouble reading signs that a woman wants me to make a move.

Any ideas/comments greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

einstein36

• View Profile
Re: Does this woman want me to ask her out?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
Just causally ask her if she wants to go get some coffee at a local coffee shop and see how it goes from there...)
Twitter: ImagineerR
Facebook: www.facebook.com/einstein36

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »
Hmmm, well IMO coffee is a total cliche.  But thanks for the suggestion.  :)

Actually though I just am trying to gauge her interest so things are not awkward in the future.  Especially since she is a coworker in the office. 

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:30:03 PM »
I don't regret anything I've ever done, but I sure do regret things I DIDN'T do. 

Ask her out!
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

SunDummy

• "Calm seas do not create good mariners."
    • View Profile
    • SunDummy.com
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:35:12 PM »
...Especially since she is a coworker in the office.

Wait a minute...  Is this the same co-worker who now won't talk to you?

;D
I wish I was a Glowworm; a Glowworm's never glum. 'Cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

www.sundummy.com

drone on

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:43:11 PM »
Hahaha!  Good one.  No, the silent one is a male coworker.  But the woman may join the list if I gaffe this up!

Bill Binkelman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 07:27:17 AM »
As someone who entered the dating pool first at 18, then again at 36 (divorce), and the last time at 39 (after a 3 year relationship went bust), I can tell you that the woman's (and your) age is a determining factor. The older a person is, IMO, the more direct you can be. I'm not saying you can ask her "Hey, wanna shag?" but I also know that as I got older, the less women cared about the "opening gambit" and it was more about the middle and end game. While a "coffee" date is cliche, no matter how old a woman is, she wants to feel safe, so the first date needs to be something non-threatening and friendly, e.g.  a walk, coffee, or maybe a daytime movie. OTOH, you can just come right out and ask "Would you like to go out sometime?" That way, you will know her intentions right away - if she says "no" then you are either misreading her or she is not yet ready to make her intentions clear. If she says "yes" well, you're all set. If you want to make it safer, you can ask her to coffee, a walk, or something that people do even if they are not "dating." Dinner or lunch is fine, provided it is not a restaurant that screams "Romance!" Maybe something like "I have read about a new Asian/French/etc. restaurant and want to try it...would you like to join me?" DON'T OFFER TO PAY for goodness sake. For myself, I always took the most direct approach as I got older, simply because I didn't want to beat around the bush (hoo boy...I know). Some women liked that, some didn't. 

Lastly, I agree with Sun Dummy...I have lots of regrets...not for things I have done, but things left unsaid and undone. I've told some women things that I, in hindsight, probably should've kept to myself (unrequited love and all that), but at least I won't be left wondering "If only...."
May the odds be ever in your favor.