OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THAN MUSIC > Everything and Nothing

My coworker stopped talking to me

(1/4) > >>

drone on:
Hey all,

Have you ever experienced a coworker who suddenly stops talking to you or stops being friendly, for no apparent reason?  This woman used to go out of her way to say hello and now ignores me while speaking to everyone else.  She will walk by my workgroup and greet the others yet act like I'm not there.  A couple weeks ago I asked her about it and she said she had been "depressed" lately.  Yet she was still cheerful with everyone else.  Despite assuring me there was nothing wrong, she continues to ignore me.  Any ideas?  I googled this and the usual answers are that she heard some gossip about me, or is jealous for some reason, or was offended by something I did or said.  How would you deal with this situation? 

richardgurtler:
She just found out you are deep drone aficionado... ;)

chris23:

--- Quote from: drone on on September 07, 2013, 02:28:20 AM ---How would you deal with this situation?

--- End quote ---

If she is a coffee fan, get her an inexpensive gift card to a near-by cafe with a note that says something along the lines of "I get the sense that something isn't right between us. I value your friendship, so please let me know if you want to chat. Sincerely, Mr. Drone On." If she's mad at you for something you did (e.g., gossip) or didn't do, probably the best thing you can do is give her some time, but drop the hint without being intrusive that you're on her side.

Bill Binkelman:
Unless she provides useful services to you as a co-worker, just leave her alone. Seriously...just ignore her. Not in an unfriendly way. Just leave her be. Don't stew about it...she'll either get out of her mood or she won't or she'll confront you with whatever is bothering her. This happens to me and I spend way too much energy trying to figure this shit out and in the end, it hurts my productivity at work. If she is too valuable to your work, then suck it up and just tell her how you feel, direct and to the point, i.e. "why have you changed how you treat me lately?" If she refuses to acknowledge there has been a change, drop it and do your best to work around her bullshit.

Paul Vnuk (Ma Ja Le):
You will waist more energy worrying about it than she will ignoring you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version